School: The Coppice Primary School and Nursery
Location: Hollywood, Birmingham
Form Entry: 3
Headteacher: Bill Heptinstall
Salary: Leadership L12-17, £55,338 - £62,570 per annum
Contract: Full-time permanent
Advert start date: 5th March 2021
Closing date: 29th March 2021 11:59 PM
Position start date: 1st September 2021
Interviews: Friday 23rd April
The Coppice is a Worcestershire school near the borders of Solihull and Birmingham. We are a welcoming, vibrant and family-oriented three-form primary school with a clear vision for the future. Our successful school is an excellent place for learning, with talented staff who are at the start of an exciting journey to deliver a new, imaginative and rigorous curriculum. We have amazing, well-rounded children and very good academic results. As we continue our exciting journey from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ and following the promotion of our existing Deputy Headteacher to Headteacher, due to the impending retirement of the current Headteacher, we wish to strengthen our well-established and innovative senior leadership team by appointing an outstanding Deputy Headteacher.
We are looking to appoint a current, ambitious Deputy Headteacher or very experienced senior leader who is currently in a three-form entry primary school and has substantial proven experience of whole school improvement. This leader will work with us to spearhead the provision at our school and to help drive its future development. You will need to support the new Headteacher in working to ensure that our children make excellent levels of progress, have exemplary behaviour and receive first class pastoral care.
If you have the drive, energy and ambition why not join our team? If you aspire to make a contribution in moving a school from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’, this is an exciting opportunity you won’t want to miss.
This talented and inspirational Deputy Headteacher will:
- have ambitious aspirations for all our children and the ability to motivate and inspire every child to reach their full potential
- have a commitment to working collaboratively, supporting and developing both themself and colleagues to extend leadership potential in school and the professional development of all our staff
- have a clear understanding of the Ofsted framework and what constitutes outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to ensure that all our children get an outstanding education
- be excellent at working in and building teams and partnerships both in and outside school
- have a proven track record of school improvement, strategic planning, coaching and mentoring staff
- skilfully promote the school and work confidently with parents, carers and the wider community
We can offer you:
- a discrete leadership role with no timetabled teaching commitment
- an opportunity for you to expand your professional horizons and further develop your senior leadership skills
- the chance to make a difference to our happy and successful school through being instrumental in developing very high standards for our pupils
- a school that has a clear vision and plans for the future but which is still open to new ideas
- wonderful children who love learning and are excited by challenge and who are well-behaved and enthusiastic
- a talented, committed and ambitious staff team and forward-thinking senior and middle leadership teams, totally committed to delivering outstanding outcomes for all our children and themselves and to creating an exemplary behaviour culture
- the support of a very effective Board of Trustees, dedicated parents and a passionate PTA
- a wonderful, innovative school environment and high-quality resources
- optional, subsidised BUPA care
- induction and support from other colleagues in school and from within our Grove partnership of schools
The Coppice Primary School is wholly committed to safeguarding our children, and, as part of this, the successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
We warmly invite you to come and visit us. Please call the existing Headteacher: Bill Heptinstall on O1564 826 709 to arrange a visit or for an informal conversation.
Visits will be accommodated after school on Tuesday 16th March, Wednesday 17th March and Thursday 18th March.
The Coppice Primary, Wythall is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.