Dovecote Primary and Nursery School
Greencroft, Clifton, Nottingham. NG11 8EY
Required for: September 2021
Salary Range: L10 – L14 (£52,723 - £58,135)
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher to replace our current Deputy who has recently been appointed as Headteacher. Dovecote Primary is a Nottingham City Council maintained school comprising a 420-place primary and 60-place nursery. We are a founding member of the Nottingham Schools Trust (NST), which is an alliance of Nottingham schools who have joined forces focusing on improving education for the children of Nottingham.
We are looking for a leader who is dynamic, caring and will share our passion for making a difference to the educational and wider lives of the children at Dovecote.
We are looking for someone who:
- will be an outstanding leader with proven experience of educating the whole child;
- is creative, enthusiastic, innovative, and collaborative in their approach;
- is excited by challenge and will drive the school forward;
- is a strategic thinker and an outstanding practitioner with a clear focus on continuous improvement;
- has knowledge of all key stages;
- has experience of leading learning and teaching that has resulted in raising standards;
- has led teams successfully by implementing a good understanding of what effective leadership is;
- can identify needs and proactively support staff, children, and families across the school
- will support the Headteacher in promoting the school’s values and ethos in everything they do
The successful candidate will find:
- pupils who are eager to come to school to engage in learning;
- a place that celebrates diversity and promotes equality
- a passionate, talented and caring staff team who support each other;
- an exciting curriculum where the child comes first;
- a supportive governing body with a wide range of experience, who work in close partnership with the whole school community;
- opportunities to further develop professional and leadership skills.
Visits to the school are welcomed (subject to any Covid restrictions at the time). Please contact the school office for an appointment.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 26th April 2021
Assessment Date: Week beginning 17th May 2021
Our school procedures for safeguarding children will be in line with The Nottingham Safeguarding Children’s Board Procedures, and “Working Together to Safeguard Children”.