St Mary’s Catholic Academy. Loughborough
3 days per week non teaching . 2 days in class
L5 to L9 £46,566 - £51,402
To start 23 August 2021
St Mary’s Catholic Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Catholic Deputy Headteacher with excellent leadership and management skills to join our leadership team.
We are a warm, welcoming, family orientated one form entry Catholic Primary School located in the heart of Loughborough. Our school has amazing diversity with caring, spiritual, creative and dynamic pupils and staff.
St Mary's is a member school of the St Thomas Aquinas Multi-Academy Trust, with all the Catholic schools in Leicestershire
“St Mary’s is a warm, welcoming, inclusive Catholic school. The community is cherished and the parish church plays a central role in the life of the school. Under the caring leadership of the newly appointed headteacher, the school is well-placed to build upon the strong foundations” DCI Inspection report June 2018
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to the ethos and Catholic life of the school
- Be an outstanding practitioner in KS1 or KS2.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues
- Have proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement
- Be committed to the further development of the partnership with the parish, parents, and the wider community
- Well behaved, positive and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- Professional dedicated teaching and support staff who are willing to undertake continuous professional development
- A supportive Governing Body that possesses a clear vision for the future of the school
- Close working relationships with parents, the parish and partner schools within the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
- An exciting opportunity to make a real difference
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ in the documents section for further information
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
St Mary's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.