The Constellation Trust provides students with more than merely academic success. We offer our learners a broad range of experiences which seek to build their confidence, open their minds and equip them for life in an ever-changing world.
The Constellation Trust consists of Appleton Primary, Bricknell Primary, Francis Askew Primary, Paisley Primary, Rokeby Park Primary, Stoneferry Primary, Sirius Academy West, Sirius Academy North, The College @ Sirius, Blueprint Alliance and Rise Academy, which are all based in Hull.
The Constellation Trust is also a Registered Apprenticeship Provider, delivering training apprenticeships predominantly in the educational sector.
The Constellation Trust CEO & Board of Directors are seeking to appoint to the following post:
Deputy Headteacher for Francis Askew Primary School.
Full time, permanent post
Salary: L12 - 16
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28th April at 12:00pm.
Start date: September 2021
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, we are looking for an innovative and ambitious Deputy Headteacher with a proven record of school improvement to add to a dynamic leadership team.
Francis Askew Primary School has around 420 pupils on roll and is situated in the West of the city of Kingston Upon Hull in the community of Gipsyville. The school moved into a new building in January 2016 with modern facilities and generous outdoor space. The school was last inspected by Ofsted in Summer 2019 and was judged to require improvement. We are looking for someone who will work in partnership with the newly appointed Head of School to effectively lead the school on the next stage of its journey, to ensure the best possible experiences and outcomes for every child.
We are looking for an experienced primary school leader who:
• is an outstanding teacher with experience across the primary age range.
• demonstrates a relentless focus on improving the quality of teaching and improving outcomes for children.
• has a commitment to closing the gap between the most disadvantaged pupils and others.
• has a proven ability to drive forward developments at a whole school level.
• has high expectations of achievement and behaviour and who believes that every child can succeed.
• has experience of successfully leading a team.
• can effectively coach and develop staff to improve practice.
• will work effectively with the Head of School and Governing body to strategically lead the school forward.
• is enthusiastic, positive and a good role model for staff and children alike.
• is committed to working in partnership with parents and the community to provide a safe and caring environment which allows pupils to develop socially, emotionally and academically.
We can offer you:
• opportunity to work within a dynamic and forward-thinking leadership team.
• high quality support from an experienced Trust team.
• opportunities to work with colleagues and leaders from other schools.
• a commitment to your professional development as a leader.
• a supportive staff team who are committed to working together to make a positive difference for every child.
To arrange for a discussion of the role or a visit to the school, please contact Laura Martin, Head of School.
Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory references & disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Francis Askew Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Francis Askew Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.