Llanedeyrn Primary School
429 roll (including 64 FTE in the Nursery) Age Range 3 – 11
£52,723 - £58,135
Group 3 School
Required for September 2021
Following the recent appointment of a new Headteacher, the Governing Body wish to appoint an outstanding, dynamic and visionary Deputy Headteacher to help drive forward this ambitious, community-based primary school.
The successful candidate will work as part of a strong leadership team which aims to deliver exceptional teaching and learning for all its pupils aged 3 to 11 years old.
The Governing Body is seeking a candidate who can demonstrate:
• Outstanding and inspirational teaching and learning across a range of year groups to raise standards;
• A commitment to school improvement and to addressing the Welsh Government’s key educational priorities within the context of the School;
• Innovative use of new technologies;
• A detailed knowledge of Resource Base provision;
• Continued high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils;
• Strategic leadership, management and organisational skills;
• Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders;
• An ability to challenge pupils and staff to continuously improve;
• Strong leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring, to develop all staff;
• A willingness to involve the whole school community in improving pupil outcomes;
• The ability to manage change effectively.
The School can offer the successful candidate:
• Happy and friendly children with an enthusiasm for education and learning;
• A committed and resourceful group of teaching and support staff;
• A professional Governing Body which challenges and supports;
• A spacious and attractive site with potential for expansion;
• Dedicated non-contact time to undertake leadership duties;
• Professional development opportunities.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Candidates wishing to visit or discuss the School informally should contact the Headteacher, Mrs Bev Knuckey, to arrange a convenient date and time.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned via email.
Applications close at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday 4th May.
Interviews will take place on Monday 24th May 2021.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.