SALARY RANGE L9 – L13 (£51,402 - £56,721)
The Governors of Maendy Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher from September 2021, who in partnership with the Headteacher is committed to developing the long-term future of our school. We require a lead professional who has the breadth of vision, creativity, energy and motivation to continue to build on our recent successes and ensure we strive for excellence in all that we do.
Our School is situated in Cwmbran, embedded in the community and with access to significant cultural and historical resources. Maendy has a uniquely close relationship with the community that surrounds it, and a committed, active parent network. The voice of the student council also plays an important part in school decisions, adding to the cohesive spirit of the school. Parents, teachers, and students alike have worked towards and enjoyed the school's successes, creating a family atmosphere that Maendy both welcomes and nurtures.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who will:
• Provide dynamic and strategic leadership that drives, motivates and enthuses all stakeholders to achieve their best; creating a shared learning culture and positive climate that permeates through all aspects of school life
• Establish creative, responsive and effective approaches to teaching and learning; contributing to the development of collaborative practice and improving the learning experience for all pupils.
• Empower all pupils to take an active part in their own learning and personal responsibility for improving their future opportunities for educational experience
• Collaborate effectively with the whole school community to provide a holistic approach to the care and well-being of all stakeholders
• Assist in driving the school forward and to provide the vision to achieve excellence for all.
In return we are proud to offer you:
• An exciting opportunity to work as a senior leader within a popular school with friendly children, supportive parents, dedicated staff and an engaged and effective Governing Body.
• A recent highly successful audit report.
• Opportunities for further professional development and support from the EAS, LA and Cluster.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). A comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants which will include an Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
‘Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo a comprehensive screening process appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.’
Unfortunately we are unable to offer a visit to the school at this time.
Closing Date: Friday 7th May 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 13th May 2021
Interviews on: Tuesday 20th & Friday 21st May 2021
Maendy Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.