Following the retirement of our current deputy, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced leader for the post of Deputy Head teacher at our happy and successful school. Trelewis Primary School is part of the Taff Bargoed Learning Partnership, a federation between Trelewis Primary School and Bedlinog Community Primary School.
Trelewis Primary School serves the village of Trelewis which is situated at the southern end of Merthyr Tydfil Borough and caters for pupils aged 3 to 11. We also have Pupils who attend the school outside of the catchment area. Further information about our School, including our School prospectus, can be found on our website.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an outstanding deputy head teacher with the qualities and skills to enable our school to continue to achieve aspirational outcomes for our pupils. We need an excellent primary practitioner and inspirational leader and manager to assist the Executive Head Teacher in building on the school’s successes and leading it into its next phase of development.
The successful applicant will have:
• A proven record of excellent and innovative teaching, supporting all learners
• A clear vision of what makes an excellent school
• A proven record of successfully implementing new initiatives • Considerable experience of leadership at a senior level
• Experience of contributing to and managing school budget & finance
• An excellent understanding of curriculum development
• Be passionate, lead by example, have high expectations of both staff and pupils
• The ability to work collaboratively with, and support the Executive Headteacher in all aspects of the school’s work, including the capability of leading the school in the absence of the Executive Head Teacher
• The ability to work effectively with all stakeholders; Staff, Pupils, Governors, Parents and the Wider Community.
The governors will provide support for the successful candidate who will demonstrate a commitment to work closely with the Executive head teacher to provide high quality leadership and the best possible education for the pupils of Trelewis Primary School.
Details of the interview process are:
• Applications open – Wednesday 21st April 2021
• Closing Date for applications : Wednesday 5th May 2021
• Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 12th May 2021. Successful applicants will be contacted.
• Lesson Observations – Week commencing 17th May 2021. Observations will be arranged with successful candidates and carried out in Candidates own class, at their current school. (N.B. This will be within a 20 mile area from Trelewis Primary School. Should applicants be from outside this area then arrangements will be made for a lesson to be delivered at Trelewis Primary School. Please check with your Head Teacher that this is possible under current COVID-19 arrangements.)
• School based activities – either Monday 24th May or Tuesday 25th May 2021. Details of these activities will be shared with successful candidates.
• Interviews will take place on Wednesday 26th May and, if successful on day 1, Thursday 27th May 2021 at Bedlinog Community Primary School (not Trelewis Primary). Details will again be shared with successful candidates.
Should you require any further information about the post, or have any further questions about the school, please feel free to contact Mr Ryan Morgan (Executive Head Teacher) at the school. Likewise please see our school website for more information about our school.
Trelewis Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.
Trelewis Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.