Archdiocese of Cardiff in partnership with
St Francis R.C. Primary School
Salary Scale L7 -11 £49,019 - £54,091
Required for September 2021
Post Number ED50025313 Permanent
Come and join us on an exciting journey!
Due to the promotion of our deputy headteacher, on behalf of our children, the Governing Body of St Francis RC Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring leader to work closely with our newly appointed headteacher to further the achievements of this happy, caring and multicultural school. Based in the vibrant Welsh capital of Cardiff, St Francis provides education to around 350 pupils, aged 5 to 11 as well as having a 48 place Nursery. The school serves the parish of St Clare and St Francis and is located in the Ely / Caerau district on the western outskirts of the city.
The school has been through a period of considerable change over the last 2 years and is still undergoing continued developments, including the planned refurbishment and redevelopment of the Foundation Stage building. Consequently, this is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified practising Roman Catholic to be involved in guiding and supporting the school on its continued journey of school improvement in a time of change with the Welsh education system. The successful candidate should embody the school’s values, be able to inspire the teachers and pupils and be committed to the whole community.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Is a committed, practising Catholic, with a clear vision of Catholic Education, who will cherish and support the Catholic ethos of our school
• Has proven management and leadership experience in a school
• An outstanding teacher who leads by exemplary practice
• Can inspire the highest standards of teaching, learning and behaviour
• Has high expectations and aspirations and will promote and celebrate the achievements of all our children.
• Is organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Will inspire and motivate our staff and children whilst making them feel valued and supported
• Will continue to promote a strong sense of engagement with parents, Parish and the wider community
• Is able, most importantly, to work in close partnership with the Headteacher leading our dedicated and talented staff
In return, we can offer:
• An exciting opportunity to make a real difference and contribute to the leadership of a diverse inclusive, inner city school
• A role where you are fully included in making leadership decisions so that the school continues to thrive and develop an innovative approach to education
• Professional, passionate and dedicated teaching and support staff, who are willing and eager to undertake continuous professional development
• Talented, stimulating and enthusiastic children with a desire to learn
• A dedicated, experienced Governing Body who will work in partnership with you
• A close working relationship with parents, the Parish and cluster schools
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Closing date: 12 noon, 14th May 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday 18th May 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th May 2021
We will do everything we can to allow prospective candidates who would like to visit the school to do so. In the first instance, please contact Sharon Canter at the school office.
The successful candidate will be expected to sign the Catholic Education Service Contract of Employment.
St Francis R.C. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and satisfactory references, which will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.