St Anne’s Catholic Primary School Banstead
Full time, permanent Deputy Headteacher required from September 2021
Salary: L9-L13 £52,568 - £57,890
“At St Anne’s we are encouraged to grow in God’s love, respect ourselves and others and do our best in work, prayer and play.”
St Anne’s is looking to appoint a passionate, experienced and skilled individual to take on the role of Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for curriculum and assessment. The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic and someone who can inspire our fantastic staff team to achieve the highest quality learning and teaching for our pupils, whilst maintaining a child-centred approach.
St Anne’s is a two-form entry Catholic primary school in the heart of Banstead. We are a loving and welcoming community with a commitment to helping all to become the people God calls them to be. Ofsted grades us a good school and everyone’s contribution at St Anne’s is valued.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who will:
- enhance the Catholic ethos of the school and promote the values of Catholic education
- have the drive and vision to inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning that meet the needs of all children
- be an excellent practitioner who will motivate our children and have high expectations of themselves, all children and colleagues
- be positive, nurturing and resilient with proven leadership skills and foster the ability to have successful relationships with our children, staff, parents, governors, parishes and other stakeholders
- assist the headteacher and governing body in ensuring continuous school improvement and ongoing staff development
- take responsibility for leading and managing significant aspects of the school as directed by the headteacher and governing body, including curriculum and whole school assessment
- have a commitment to team working
- a happy, vibrant school with a strong Catholic ethos
- a cohesive team of positive and friendly staff committed to driving improvement in our school
- enthusiastic, confident and caring children with an excellent attitude to learning
- a hard-working leadership team and governing body who will support you and the school to be the best it can be
- a firm commitment to your continuing professional development
Applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school, although such a visit will not form part of the selection process.
Closing date: Monday 10th May at midday
Interview date: Friday 21st May
All staff at St Anne’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
References will be checked prior to interview and are integral to the recruitment process.