Deputy Headteacher - Tre Uchaf Primary School
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Required from September 2021
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher, the governors, staff and pupils of Tre Uchaf Primary School are seeking to appoint a dynamic Deputy Headteacher, who will support the Headteacher in continuing to raise standards and ensure excellent learning opportunities and experiences for all pupils.
Tre Uchaf Primary is a positive, inclusive, listening school, situated at the heart of the community in the village of Loughor. There are 2 specialist teaching facilities accommodating pupils with a variety of additional learning needs. The school has excellent outdoor facilities including a large field, nature reserve and learning areas, as well as a gymnasium.
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding classroom practitioner with experience of teaching at both Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2
• have high aspirations for pupils and staff
• have a record of effective leadership with experience of successful strategies for leading whole school initiatives
• have the ability to inspire and develop potential in pupils and staff
• be a leader responsible for the development of ‘Curriculum 2022’ alongside the Headteacher and SLT
• have experience of providing for pupils with additional learning needs
• be enthusiastic about maintaining the partnership between pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
• maintain perspective under pressure
The school can offer:
• happy, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
• a friendly, committed and talented staff
• a highly supportive and engaged governing body
• a commitment to your professional development and wellbeing
Due to current restrictions, we are currently unavailable to undertake tours of the school for prospective candidates. We warmly welcome visits to our website for more information about us.
Subject to completion of pre-employment and safeguarding checks.
Closing Date 14th May 2021
Swansea Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.