Alaw Primary School
Salary: £46,566 - £51,402 (L5 – L9)
Start Date: September 2021
Are you looking for an exciting challenge and an opportunity to make a difference as a Deputy Headteacher?
The Headteacher and Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Deputy Headteacher to work as part of a highly motivated and experienced team in taking the school forward in the next stage of its development. Alaw Primary School is a very good school that is continually striving for excellence. It is an ideal prospect for someone looking to further their career and make a positive difference as a Deputy Headteacher.
The Headteacher and Governing Body are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Deputy Headteacher with a passion for school improvement and exemplary classroom practice. We are looking for:
• A strategic thinker with proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills
• A commitment to team work and partnerships
• A passion and dedication to excellence in education and high expectations
• A leader who inspires, motivates and empowers others
• An excellent classroom practitioner who is equally passionate about the emotional and academic development of every child in their care.
• An innovative and knowledgeable individual with the confidence to lead on the schools vision for the new curriculum
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, inquisitive and friendly children
• a hardworking, committed and highly-skilled staff team
• supportive parents and governing body
• a commitment to your professional development
The closing date for this post is 21st May 2021 at 12:00 noon
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favorably than an application made in English.
Alaw Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.