Burbage Junior School is looking to recruit an outstanding Deputy Headteacher from January 2022.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated leader who is looking for a stimulating new challenge within a much sought-after school; someone able to contribute to and support the strategic vision, someone with drive and the commitment to be a key individual within the school leadership team, working alongside the Executive Headteacher and a dedicated team of staff and governors.
The successful candidate will be the strategic lead for the quality of mathematics teaching and learning across the whole school and will lead the development of the mathematics curriculum. Although they will not have class teaching responsibility, there will be some group or whole class teaching expected as part of the role.
Burbage Junior School Executive Headteacher oversees two schools, so the successful candidate would be required to deputise fully for at least 50% of the school week.
The school is a three-form entry school in the thriving community of Burbage, a growing village with excellent road and rail links, close to Hinckley. The current number on roll is 364. The school is housed within spacious, modern and well maintained buildings and has extensive grounds including a large sports field and indoor swimming pool.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Leads by example with the drive and motivation to work as part of the senior leadership team to raise attainment and improve progression for all pupils throughout the school;
- Has an open mind and an intellectual curiosity, to encourage new ideas and foster an enjoyment of learning to encourage children to work together, to respect each other and the views of others;
- Is an excellent communicator who recognises the need to work alongside the local community, collaborating with other schools; particularly with our feeder school, Burbage C of E Infant School, to achieve the best possible outcomes for our pupils and further enhance the reputation of the school;
- Is a confident leader who has integrity and is able to develop new relationships and strengthen existing relationships and collaborations throughout the school, the local community and with other local organisations, someone who has the ability to support the Executive Headteacher and other staff whilst building a cohesive team around them;
- Is an experienced manager in a complex organisation, able to oversee school resources, who can function strategically as well as operationally and objectively, whilst striving for excellence, in the best interest of the school and community.
In return we can offer:
- An excellent opportunity to develop and enhance your leadership skills within a wonderful school;
- A friendly, hardworking and highly motivated staff team who are dedicated to the schools continuous improvement, who have excellent relationships with pupils, parents, the village community and Governors alike;
- A creative and caring environment where pupils are encouraged to work together and respect others, be independent, are well behaved and eager to learn;
- Supportive and motivated Governors who are committed to the school.
We warmly welcome visits to the school ahead of the closing date for applications, as shown below.
The closing date for applications is Monday 4th October 2021 at midday
Shortlisting will be completed by Wednesday 6th October 2021
Invitations to interview will be sent by Thursday 7th October 2021 (end of the day)
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13th October 2021
Candidates are invited to apply by completing the application form (CV’s will not be accepted) accompanied by a letter stating strengths, interests and experience.
We are unable to accept applications after the closing date.
Burbage Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).