All Saints’ Church in Wales Primary School
Tel: 029 20765 106
Post Ref: ED50133543
Required for: January 2022
Salary Range: L6 - L10
£48,570 - £53,646
Age Range: 4 – 11
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious and outstanding professional, who is fully committed to developing all aspects of school life. The successful candidate will work in partnership with the Headteacher in developing, inspiring and embodying the Christian ethos and culture of this inclusive and caring Church School.
Whilst applications from practising Anglicans will be particularly welcome, it is essential that all candidates can demonstrate that they can support the development of the distinctive Christian character of a Church in Wales School.
Our deputy headteacher will have:
• Vision, drive and energy to support, challenge and inspire staff to achieve excellence;
• The ability to lead on key areas within teaching and learning as we meet the exciting challenge of a new curriculum;
• Proven leadership and management skills at a strategic and day to day level leading to improved quality of education and pupils’ standard of achievement;
• A record of successful school improvement;
• High expectations of themselves, staff and pupils;
• An outstanding record as a classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil’s attainment, behaviour and wellbeing;
• The ability to motivate and lead by example;
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
All Saints’ C/W Primary School will offer the successful candidate an excellent opportunity for career development and opportunity to make a real difference with a dedicated and committed team of staff and supportive and active Governing Body.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be expected to provide two suitable references and an additional appropriate Church reference.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned via email by 12.00pm Friday 1st October 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 7th October 2021.
Lesson observations will take place within the week commencing the 11th October 2021.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 19th October and Wednesday 20th October 2021.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.