TON YR YWEN PRIMARY
Number on roll: 440 FTE (3 to 11 years old)
“Happy Together, Learning for Life. Dysgu Hapus, Dysgu Byw”
‘At Ton Yr Ywen, we are dedicated to helping every child to flourish and achieve all-round success.’
Post Ref: ED50052973
Required for Jan 2022
Permanent, Grade: L8 - L14
£51,029 - £59,152
Ton Yr Ywen Primary school is a local authority-maintained nursery and primary school on a large, attractive site in North Cardiff, at the heart of the Heath community. We will be celebrating our 70th anniversary in 2022. We pride ourselves on being a happy and supportive school. We believe that promoting well-being and positive relationships are fundamental to ensuring success in learning and in life. We also believe that children should have a rich variety of learning experiences to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding to the fullest extent, in and out of the classroom.
The governors are seeking an inspirational and highly motivated deputy headteacher, committed to creating an environment where everyone is safe, happy and healthy and strives to live by our core values (responsibility, respect, courage, honesty, kindness and cooperation). We are looking to appoint an innovative and collaborative leader who shares our vision and has the experience and commitment to help us develop further as a successful learning community.
Successful applicants will be an outstanding practitioner committed to:
● Leading the implementation of the new ALN reforms across the school
● Guiding the school community in its continued development of an exciting, progressive and pupil-centered curriculum
● Supporting and challenging teachers to develop their knowledge and skills to a high standard and in line with the 12 Pedagogical principles
● Contributing to the development of new ways to measure pupil progress, in line with the new Welsh curriculum, which ensures all children achieve success.
● Working collaboratively with stakeholders on projects to improve wellbeing and safety in school e.g. Nurture provision, active travel and sustainability.
In return, Ton Yr Ywen provides:
● a clear vision and set of values
● happy, enthusiastic children who are willing to learn
● a supportive and dedicated team of staff
● a well-resourced school on a very large and attractive site
● a range of opportunities for continuing professional development
● a committed, experienced and proactive governing body
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
How to apply:
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
If you have any difficulty accessing the application form, please contact the school
Completed applications should be returned to direct to the school, by email or post (address above) by the closing date of noon on Tue 5th October 2021
Shortlisting planned for: Tue 12th October
Interviews will be held on: Mon 18th and Tue 19th October
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.