Job Title: Deputy Head Teacher (Starting January 2022)
Salary: L8 - L13
Hours: Full time (permanent)
Location: Cotgrave Candleby Lane School, Cotgrave, Nottinghamshire
Head Teacher: Caroline Armstrong
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is at the heart of our community and strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to be the best they can be. Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be the very best they can be in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff too as every member of our team has to celebrate and be clear about what makes them unique.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s seven values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families. The strong bonds are also reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do.
What we are looking for:
We are actively seeking and excited to find a Deputy Headteacher who has the ability to form outstanding relationships with children and staff and is able to get to the heart of each and every child. Someone who can lead with integrity and has high aspirations and is passionate about providing children with the very best opportunities. Cotgrave Candleby Lane is a forward thinking and outward facing school who are proud to be part of the Flying High Partnership. The successful candidate will join an amazing community and support the fabulous Leadership Team in our relentless strive for excellence to ensure children and staff continue to thrive.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is emotionally intelligent and leads with humility and integrity – does the right things, for the right reasons in the right way – for the children!
- Is a beacon of good practice to support other staff - promotes high standards of teaching and learning through excellent classroom practice.
- Has good subject knowledge of the primary curriculum.
- Delights in being with children and puts the children’s well-being and learning before anything else.
- Is going to bring new ideas & energy to a forward facing school that is continuously striving for excellence.
- Is on a mission to continually develop themselves as practitioners.
- Loves supporting and inspiring fellow staff and children.
- Sincerely values every member of the school community.
- Believes in each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement.
- Has the ability to make learning fun and engaging while ensuring all children are appropriately challenged.
- Enjoys working as part of a supportive team.
- Has the ability to lead and inspire children and staff.
What we can offer you:
- A passionate, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision
- Dedicated leadership time (0.5 teaching commitment)
- Full induction programme and leadership coaching.
- A strong network of schools who support each other and share best practice.
- A commitment to quality CPL as part of the Flying High Trust. An extensive range of leadership development opportunities & accredited CPL including NPQSL and NPQH.
- Links with other Trust DHT’s for support, networking and CPL.
- Significant support through both the Head teacher and the Flying High Trust, ensuring that you will succeed in this role.
- Working in a supportive partnership within and beyond your school, driven by a moral purpose underpinned by our core ethos and value
- Working within a developmental, not judgemental, school and partnership
- Engagement with Trust networks to share best practice and learn from others acrossour partnership
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please request further details.
We are extremely proud of our children and school and visits are actively encouraged. Please contact the school office team who will be happy to facilitate this. If you do have any questions about the vacancy please call O115 989 2284.
Closing Date: Friday 8th October 2021
Interviews: Thursday 14th October 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children.