Leadership Pay Range: L13-L17
Number on roll: 395
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th January 2022.
Start Date: Monday 25th April 2022
Due to the promotion of the previous Deputy Head the governing body of St Margaret Mary Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to the position of Deputy Head teacher.
St Margaret Mary’s is a successful, popular and oversubscribed two-form entry primary school. A recent Ofsted Inspection (March 2020) stated, “Pupils are happy and want to come to school. They are hungry to learn and attend regularly; leaders have high expectations for them and have crafted a broad and interesting curriculum that links subjects together well”.
We are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- Will build on the strong existing relationships between the lively parish church and the wider St. Margaret Mary School community
- Will have enthusiasm and energy to sustain and further enhance the excellent teaching practice in our school
- Is outward looking and focused on continual school improvement
- Puts children at the heart of everything they do
- Can build on the strengths of our school and further develop our talented team of staff
- Is committed, able and willing to take a clear role in relation to the Diocesan Academy strategy
- Is a practising Catholic with a clear vision for Catholic education who will be a driving force in maintaining the Catholic ethos of our school.
- Is an outstanding and inspirational teacher who is committed to providing high quality learning experiences for all children.
- Has experienced middle/senior leadership and management and is able to demonstrate that they have had an impact in raising standards through the use of rigorous assessment systems.
- Has a proven record of outstanding classroom practice in the primary phase, demonstrating creativity, initiative and excellent organisational skills.
- Has recent experience of curriculum development and can bring inspiring and innovative ideas to core and non-core subjects.
- Is able to demonstrate an ability to work with rigorous systems of assessment and use this data meaningfully to enhance pupil progress and maintain the highest possible standards.
- Well-organised with excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Is adaptable and has ambition.
Our children want a Deputy Head who:
- Is kind and caring to everyone.
- Solves problems and will bring new ideas to make our school even better.
- Firm but fair.
- Listens to people.
- Makes our learning fun and enjoyable.
In return, we can offer:
- A school focused on providing a high-quality Catholic education to all of our children
- A caring and positive environment inspired by our strong Catholic ethos
- Happy and hard-working pupils who love to learn and are a delight to teach
- Supportive parents
- Governors who are committed and work hard to ensure the continued success of the school
- An extremely talented and hard-working staff team dedicated to making a difference to every child
- A school that places great emphasis on the wellbeing of children, staff and parents.
- An exciting opportunity to work with other Catholic Schools as part of our journey towards academisation in order to protect, secure and improve Catholic Education in our Archdiocese.
Further information on our school can be found on our website. Visits to the school are highly recommended and most welcome. Appointments are available from week beginning Monday 6th December. Please contact Mrs T Coney, School Secretary for an appointment.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th January 3.30 pm
Shortlisting: Thursday 6th January 2022
Interview Tasks: Tuesday 11th January 2022
Final panel presentations and Interviews: Wednesday 12th January 2022
St Margaret Mary Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.