Salary range: Fringe L10 – L14
Full time and permanent
Required from September 2022
‘With Christ in our Hearts, together we grow’
Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery School is a thriving, Primary School on the border of Burnham/ Slough. We are a vibrant and successful Catholic school where our values, beliefs and practice permeate every aspect of school life.
The Governing Body of Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery School in Slough, is seeking to appoint a well – qualified, ethos driven and capable senior leader to join the Leadership team of our school. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of success as a senior leader and will commit themselves to further improving the standards of education at Our Lady of Peace. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who wishes to develop in a supportive school. The Deputy Head teacher position has a teaching commitment.
Applications are sought from practicing Catholics who are supportive of our Catholic ethos.
We will offer you:
- A warm and welcoming, supportive whole school community that has a strong Catholic ethos
- The opportunity to apply your educational expertise and strategic insight to advance curriculum development, delivery and enrichment.
- A school where our pupils’ behaviour and attitude to learning is exemplary and achievement is celebrated
- A dedicated staff team that is passionate about unlocking the potential and talents in every pupil
- A professional and dedicated governing board, focused on creating an environment where all are challenged to achieve, and personal development is encouraged.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed and practising Catholic, with a strong understanding of Catholic education and be able to communicate a strong vision
- Have a proven track record in championing inclusivity and equal opportunity for all
- Be a strategic thinker, ambitious for all, with an empowering leadership style that values and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Provide innovative educational leadership and be able to motivate and inspire others
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to assess situations proactively in order to initiate and implement change and evaluate its impact, ensuring the children are at the heart of all that the school does.
- Have a proven track record of outstanding teaching.
- Have a proven track record of success as a senior leader.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact the Headteacher, Mrs. Jan Holden to discuss the post. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Please contact Kelly Clark T: 01628-661886
Closing date: Monday January 31st 2022 – Noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday February 1st 2022
Interviews: Monday February 7th 2022
We are happy to accept applications prior to the closing date.
Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is a regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check will be required. We are a school which promotes equal opportunities.
“The behaviour of pupils is good. Pupils understand that they come to school to learn and that learning can be fun if they give of their best.” Ofsted 2019
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.