Start Date: April or August 2022
Due to the relocation of the current post holder, we are looking for a Deputy Headteacher to join our leadership team who is forward thinking and ambitious. This focused individual will have a strong track record of improving results as well as experience of the primary age range within an urban environment of significant socio-economic deprivation. We are looking for someone who
- Is a leader of learning committed to raising outcomes for all pupils.
- Is a strategic thinker, ambitious to make a real impact on the lives of children and work in a nurturing and highly achieving environment
- Has a passion for teaching and learning with a proven record of outstanding practice
- Enjoys working within a dedicated and diverse team, has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Has a track record in improving outcomes in reading, phonics, writing and mathematics across the whole school
- Has a clear understanding and demonstrable impact of how to improve teaching and learning in a school with above national deprivation and levels of SEN
This position is to oversee a key stage of the school (either Key Stage one or two) as well as the leadership of a core subject and curriculum across the school with responsibilities including curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment and data management, while raising standards to help take our diverse and exciting school into its next stage of development. Whilst class based, (teaching up to 50%) the role is well supported by specific leadership time and excellent support staff. Dedicated administration staff will also support management responsibilities of the role.
We serve pupils of all abilities and backgrounds and work tirelessly to create an all-inclusive environment. Our children are enthusiastic and keen to learn. All Saints is an ambitious and vibrant place to work, with excellent staff and children who deserve the very best. We have a commitment to inclusion and personal development at all levels, all staff have high expectations of achievement for the pupils as well as themselves.
Ever outward facing we work closely with our partner schools in The Vines Academy Trust and agencies to secure excellent CPD for all staff, and we look forward whilst with us at All Saints. to working with our new Deputy Head as they continue their career progression and develop system leadership. We can offer you:
- Dedicated governors, staff and pupils
- Opportunities for professional development in preparation to career progression for Headship
- Opportunity to be part of a fantastic and successful team poised for our next challenges,
- The opportunity to work within and steer the future of our small but developing Trust
To apply please complete the enclosed application form, detailing how your achievements and impact over your career to date make you the best person for the role
Closing date: Tuesday 1st February 2022
Shortlisting: Wednesday 2nd February 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 9th February and Thursday 10th February 2022
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged by the Headteacher.
Please contact: Louise Hamilton, Office Manager, telephone O116 2880013, to arrange a visit or for any further details.
To apply please complete the attached application form and email to school via the 'Apply Now' button below.
All Saints Church of England Primary School, Wigston, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employments checks.