Following the promotion of our current deputy, the governors, staff and learners of this vibrant Church in Wales school are looking to appoint an innovative leader. The transformative experiences at Wick and Marcross are designed to help our children grow and flourish both in and out of the classroom. Located in the rural Vale of Glamorgan, our passionate, skilled and dedicated team place Christian values at the heart of our school, where teaching is inspirational and our children are encouraged to be ambitious, creative and resilient in their learning.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work alongside a highly motivated head teacher, a supportive and enthusiastic staff, eager children, a committed governing body and supportive families.
About the Role
Post Reference (to be used on application form): WMPS-DHT
Hours of Work / Weeks per year / Working Pattern: School Teachers Terms and Conditions
Main Place of Work: Wick and Marcross Church in Wales Primary School
Temporary Reason: Permanent
Description: DEPUTY HEADTEACHER
• Closing date: noon Friday 28th January
• Shortlisting: Tuesday 1st February
• School-based tasks: w/c 7th February
• Interview: Friday 11th February
We are looking for an individual who:
• can demonstrate a willingness and ability to promote and develop the school’s distinctive Christian character;
• is an exemplary classroom practitioner who inspires and leads children to reach their full potential;
• will take a lead role in maintaining and developing still further the high standards that currently exist throughout the school;
• has the enthusiasm, energy and ability to inspire, motivate, challenge and support others at all stages of their professional development;
• is a strong team leader with effective interpersonal skills;
• has excellent communication skills to work in partnership with parents, staff, governors, the church and the local community.
DBS Check Required: Enhanced
EWC Registration Details: It is a statutory requirement that applicants for these posts have to be registered with the Education Workforce Council before they can start work in a school.
Wick Marcross C.I.W. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.