Appointment for September 2022 (or as early as possible)
The Headteacher and Governing Body of Coed-y-Garn Primary School wish to appoint an inspirational, motivated and supportive Deputy Headteacher who will not only play a key role in our children’s educational journey, but will be an integral part of the school community.
Coed-y-Garn Primary School is a well-established English medium mainstream primary school in Blaina, with a full-time Nursery class, and a Special Needs Resource Base in Key Stage Two. There are currently 201 pupils on roll, and we have a caring and dedicated team who are committed to ensuring every child has the opportunity to be the best that they can be. We are a happy, nurturing school, and take great pride in enabling our children to thrive in such a way that they become self-motivated in their own education. We endeavour to support and encourage all children to believe in themselves as we support them in becoming confident, independent, and resilient individuals.
At Coed-y-Garn, we have a vision that is underpinned by the Four Purposes, and, as outlined in our motto, we are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who can work in collaboration with all of our school community to ensure that “together we can…” continue to give all of our children, and their families, the very best opportunities. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and passionate about children and their learning, and keen to join a friendly and hardworking team.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational leader who believes in the importance of strong, positive pupil well-being and will promote values that develop our learners’ wellbeing and love of learning
• Be an exemplary teacher with the highest expectations of themselves and others
• Be an advocate of children’s rights
• Have high expectations for the teaching, learning, behaviour and attitude across the school to ensure high expectations and appropriate challenge for all
• Have a passion for teaching and learning, with high aspirations for all
• Demonstrate an appetite for professional learning that impacts upon pedagogy, supporting professional growth across our school
• Have proven skills to model and develop high quality teaching and learning across school
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to securing the highest quality provision and outcomes for children
• Lead by example, and have proven experience in motivating and supporting others
• Be resilient, and thrive on challenge
• Have a good understanding of the National Mission for Wales and curriculum reform
• Be a strategic thinker with proven leadership experience, good organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Collaborate effectively with the wider school community
• Be excited by the future of education in Wales, and its potential to shape successful futures for all children in our school community, enabling them to realise the Four Purposes
The governing body is looking for someone with a passion for making a real difference to the lives of children in our community. We will provide good support to the successful candidate who will work closely with the Headteacher as part of the Senior Leadership Team, in securing the effective running of Coed-y-Garn Primary School.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• The opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of our school community
• Hard-working, dedicated colleagues with ambition and high expectations for our children
• Friendly, motivated children who take pride in their achievements
• Scope to develop professionally
• The opportunity to join a strong leadership team and work collaboratively with all members of the school community and beyond
Visits to the school will be arranged following shortlisting.
If you require further information about this post, please contact Lauren Cairns, Headteacher.
Coed-y-Garn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The post holder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Application forms can be downloaded from the eteach website. Please keep your covering letter to no more than two sides of A4.
Closing Date: 1st June 2022 - noon
Shortlisting: 7th June 2022
Lesson Observations: TBC
Interviews: 17th June 2022
Coed -y- Garn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.