Caedraw Primary School (NOR 256)
Full Time / Permanent
Required for January 2023 or sooner
The Headteacher and Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Deputy Headteacher to work as part of a highly motivated and experienced team in taking the school forward in the next stage of its development.
Caedraw primary serves the Town area, neighbouring areas and the wider community of Merthyr Tydfil and caters for pupils aged 3 to 11 and houses two LRB classes that develop the needs of pupils with ASD and communication difficulties.
Caedraw Primary School is a good school that is continually striving for excellence. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to further their career and make a positive difference as a Deputy Headteacher.
At Caedraw we have a vision that is underpinned by the four key Purposes, where the wellbeing of pupils and staff is at the heart of everything we do.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher with the qualities and skills to enable every child, staff member, parent and community member to excel. The school requires a Deputy Head who is both a lead practitioner in the classroom and a proven leader beyond the classroom to support the Headteacher and governing body in building on the school’s success.
The successful applicant will have:
• a proven record of consistent, high-quality, inclusive teaching that allows all pupils to achieve;
• a clear vision of what makes an excellent school;
• a record of successfully implementing and sustaining school improvement priorities;
• a clear understanding of Wales-wide reform and changes;
• a drive to undertake research to develop and improve their own teaching and that of the team;
• the passion to lead by example with high expectations of staff and pupils;
• the ability to work collaboratively in a solution-focussed way with the HT and Senior Leadership Team
• the ability to work effectively with staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
What we can offer you:
• a school that is happy, welcoming, raises aspirations and is ambitious for continued success.
• staff that are dedicated, hardworking, caring and always go that extra mile for our children.
• children that have a real sense of belonging, who are respectful, eager to learn, creative and able to express themselves.
• a Governing Body that is committed to self-improvement, supports and challenges everyone to ensure they fulfil their potential.
• an environment that is safe, positive, welcoming which promotes and celebrates success.
• parents who are supportive and involved and engaged in their children’s learning.
• a community that is inclusive, diverse, supports the school and cares about its future.
Closing Date: Monday 6th June 2022
Shortlisting Date: Thursday 9th June 2022
Visit to School: Shortlisted candidates to visit on 13th June 2022
Professional Interviews, Activities and Governing Body Interview will take place over 2 days on the 29th and 30th June 2022.
Candidates will be informed at the end of Day 1 if they are to proceed to the next stage (Day 2)
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers. Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any applications completed in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English. If you are successfully shortlisted for interview please contact us to let us know if you would like your interview to be conducted through the medium of Welsh.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.
Caedraw Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.