This is One role
Deputy Head and Co-Headteacher
- September 2020
- Headteacher – L18-24
- Deputy Head – L9-13
- 3 days (MTW)– non class based Deputy Head
- 2 days (THF)– Co-Headteacher
This is a unique and wonderful opportunity for an experienced and ambitious senior leader looking for their next challenge.
The Governors and Headteacher of this outstanding Catholic School are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher and Co-Headteacher to join a committed and enthusiastic team. This is a unique and exciting role that will enable you to work alongside an experienced Headteacher and have joint responsibility and accountability. You will be working with and leading the Senior Leadership Team to help build on existing good practice and lead the school through the next exciting stage of its development.
A successful candidate will be:
- A practising Catholic who will contribute to the Catholic ethos of the school
- Able to work in partnership with the Co-Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors in moving the school forward
- A proven, effective and inspirational leader looking to coach people and grow their potential
- A collaborator who thrives when working with others
- Creative, bringing new ideas to guide the vision of our school for the future
- A strategic thinker anticipating and solving problems proactively
- Able to build outstanding relationships with children, staff and parents
- Committed to the expectation of outstanding teaching, with the skills to support teachers in achieving this
- Professional and someone of personal integrity
- Adaptable and approachable
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to share the accountability of headship with an experienced head
- A caring environment rated by Ofsted as ‘Good’
- Active governors who are committed to their role as strategic leaders
- Over 300 thoughtful, engaged and passionate pupils
- A supportive and engaged governing body
- A solid financial base for the school
- Connections with Teach First for ITT
- Flourishing Nursery opened in September 2018
- Exceptional Nurture and SEN resources, with a designated sensory room and nurture building
- A commitment to continuing professional development (NPQH if required)
During this period it will not be possible to visit the school, however please email the office and an appointment will be made for you to speak to the Head teacher informally before applying. The comprehensive school’s website will also give you an insight and please do take the time to look at the video that captures the values and ethos of our school.
‘There is a positive sense of purpose across the school. Staff are proud to work at the school and morale is high.’ Oftsed Report June 2016
‘The governing body and all leaders are totally committed to the promotion and nurturing of the school’s Catholic life and mission, and under the inspirational head teacher, continue to sustain the school’s outstanding, vibrant Catholic ethos.’ RE inspection September 2017
Holy Family Catholic Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate shall be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and barred list check plus a range of other recruitment checks.
Closing Date: Midday 24th April 2020
Interview Date: w/b 4th May 2020
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.