We are looking to appoint a
Deputy Headteacher for Inclusion September 2022
Are you ready for a new challenge?
We are seeking to appoint a pioneering and experienced leader to take on the full time role of Deputy Headteacher, responsible for inclusion. This unique opportunity will be suitable for an experienced SENDCo, who is looking to further develop their leadership skills. This person would be the named SENDCO for Kew Riverside Primary School.
We would also be open to applications for a part time Deputy Headteacher (0.5) and a part time SENDCO (0.5) Please indicate clearly on the application form which role you are applying for.
Leadership scale 3 – 7 potential for an additional SEND point for an experienced candidate.
Kew Riverside is a warm, welcoming, one-form entry, primary school in Richmond-upon-Thames, close to Kew Gardens and the river. We are a popular, friendly school, offering a creative curriculum and an exciting and nurturing learning environment. We are in the middle of a truly exciting time of change and development with a new Headteacher and we are searching for a passionate, dedicated and outstanding Primary specialist to join our Leadership Team. The person appointed will be expected to set high standards in all aspects of school life and continue our rigorous drive to further improve standards, raise attainment for all our pupils and continue to build upon the many strengths of our school.
In our recent section 8 inspection Ofsted noted that:
“Pupils enjoy coming to school. They are polite and confident. Pupils said that everyone looks out for each other. They are tolerant of others and want their classmates to succeed.”
“Staff are proud to work in this school. Leaders consider the well-being of all members of staff. Staff said that leaders are caring and approachable. They appreciate how well senior leaders consider their work-life balance and well-being.”
“Kew Riverside is a happy and safe place to learn. Pupils typically said that staff are caring and want the best for them. Leaders and staff are ambitious for all pupils, including pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). They work hard to help their pupils become respectful and caring young citizens.”
• A strategic, creative, and forward thinker with drive and enthusiasm
• A strong and motivating leader with evidence of the successful implementation of school improvement
• An outstanding, dynamic, and reflective classroom practitioner with a clear understanding of how children learn
• An experienced professional with a keen understanding of what constitutes excellent learning and teaching
• A team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• A leader who will have the very highest expectations for our school community
• A passionate promoter of inclusion and SEND
• A compassionate individual, committed to the safeguarding, mental health, and well-being of our children
• A school in which children are genuinely at the heart of everything we do.
• A small, supportive, and positive staff team who are committed to our children.
• No set homework – home learning concentrates on generic skills.
• No doors on our classrooms and first name terms – a warm, inclusive learning environment.
• A welcoming school community with a strong values-led ethos
• Highly supportive parents and Governing Body
Kew Riverside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out and references will be requested prior to interview.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Friday 1st July 2022 at 9am with shortlisting taking place that morning. Interviews will be held on 4th July 2022
Visits to the school are very welcome and strongly recommended.
Please contact Lisa Harris in the school office to arrange a visit to the school
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check with a check of the DBS Barred List.
References may be taken up prior to interview.