The Eden Academy is looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher for Pinn River School. This an exceptional and unique opportunity for an outstanding professional.
Salary Range: L11 – L16; £57,436 - £64,514 per annum (Negotiable for an exceptional candidate);
Location: Grangewood School, Pinner, HA5 2JQ.
The Trustees of the Eden Academy Trust are looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher for Pinn River School. The position will commence in September 2021 and offers a unique opportunity to play a senior role in the Trust’s Free School Project which will culminate in the building of two new special schools over the next three years.
We are seeking an outstanding leader with an appetite for innovation who has exceptional communication skills and who can inspire all stakeholders. Organisational skills are important, but these will need to be complemented by creativity, flexibility, and a passion for making a difference.
The Trust’s Free Schools Project
The Trust’s free school project sets out to deliver:
- A new 80 place primary special school in the south of Hillingdon Local Authority. This school will be called Grand Union Village School.
- A new 180 place all age special school. This school will be built on the site of the current Grangewood School and will incorporate pupils with special educational needs in the local area as well as the pupils who are currently educated in RNIB Sunshine House School provision. This school will be called Pinn River School.
Pinn River School:
Pinn River School will be a new 180 place all age school on the site of the current Grangewood School in Eastcote, for children with severe learning difficulties and physical and complex needs, including autism and those who are blind and partially sighted and who have complex learning and physical disabilities.
The school is being designed to accommodate the latest developments in child-centred learning and therapy provision for children across the whole school age-range including a hydrotherapy pool, sensory provision and purpose-built therapy rooms, all set within the neighbouring woodlands, which will provide additional learning and sensory opportunities for our pupils.
It will bring together the skills and experience of the staff communities at both the current Grangewood and Sunshine House Schools to deliver the best possible outcomes for our children and young adults, helping them to become independent learners who can reach their individual potential.
Prior to the opening of the Pinn River School, the new Deputy Head will have a vital role to play in the development of the school, supporting the temporary relocation of Grangewood to the Grand Union Village site and the bringing together of Grangewood and Sunshine House Schools into a new single school.
This will include acting as a member of the Project Strategy Group and coordinating working groups from Sunshine House and Grangewood to cover areas such as:
- Governance, leadership and management arrangements in the new settings including the organisation and management of split site working for those Grangewood pupils currently at Sunshine House School during the transition period
- Developing arrangements in relation to the temporary relocation of Grangewood School to the Grand Union Village site
- Developing arrangements in relation to the move of both the Grangewood and Sunshine House School communities to Pinn River, such as joint curriculum and assessment development, developing new policies, staff, orientation and preparation of parents and staff, staff training, travel planning and supporting the proposed transition of Sunshine House staff into Eden.
- The role will also include deputising for the Heads at Grangewood and Sunshine House to allow them to undertake duties related to the Free School Project.
The successful candidate will therefore be required to travel and will be based at:
- Phase 1: Both Grangewood and Sunshine House Schools
- Phase 2: Both Grand Union Village School and Sunshine House School
- Phase 3: Pinn River School
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th May at noon;
Interviews will take place: Thursday 27th May 2021 .
Successful shortlisted candidates will be provided with full details of the interview process.
CVs will not be accepted.
The Eden Academy Trust may, from time to time, require an employee to be relocated temporarily or permanently to one of its other schools. Any proposal to relocate will be carried out with due consultation and reasonable notice.
The Eden Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.