Non- teaching Deputy Headteacher
3 days per week 0.6 (actual working days negotiable)
L5 to L9 £46,566 - £51,402
To start 23 August 2021
St Francis Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Catholic Deputy Headteacher with excellent leadership and management skills to join our leadership team.
Part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust, St Francis is a caring, vibrant and successful school in the traditional market town of Melton Mowbray, judged as Good in the most recent DCI inspection and Outstanding in Catholic Life and in the leadership of Collective Worship.
‘The Catholic Life of St Francis’ is outstanding. The mission statement, ‘In Jesus we will do our best as we love, pray, learn and play because this is the St Francis’ way’ is clearly in evidence and reflects the school’s Catholic ethos’. DCI Feb 2020
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to the ethos and Catholic life of the school
- Be an outstanding practitioner in KS1 or KS2.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues
- Have proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement
- Be committed to the further development of the partnership with the parish, parents, and the wider community
- Well behaved, positive and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- Professional dedicated teaching and support staff who are willing to undertake continuous professional development
- A supportive Governing Body that possesses a clear vision for the future of the school
- Close working relationships with parents, the parish and partner schools within the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
- An exciting opportunity to make a real difference
We welcome video calls to discuss the role and may be able to arrange a visit to school if guidance allows in the new year. The school will re-open on Monday 4th January. Please call the school office to arrange a call with the Headteacher Gosia Brown.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 12th February 2021 with Interviews being held on Wednesday 24th February 2021
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ go to
the NRCDES website for further information.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe from harm and abuse and to promoting their welfare, and we expect that everyone who comes to work for us will share the same commitment. Fulfilling this responsibility includes making sure that our recruitment process includes a range of measures to identify those who may be unsuitable to work with children and young people. In addition, all roles within the school/college are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. These posts may also be subject to further DBS re-checks at appropriate intervals. Further information about what the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 means for applicants is provided on the Application Form. Please note that having a criminal record is not an automatic bar from working with us: whether or not your criminal record has a bearing on the post you have applied for will be carefully considered as part of the recruitment process. This may involve a discussion with yourself about the circumstances and background to your offences