Deputy Headteacher/Inclusion Lead
Start date: 1st January 2021
Hours: Full time
Salary: Leadership £43,895 - £48,808 per annum – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
Gillingstool is a one form entry primary school close to the town centre of Thornbury.
It is a friendly, welcoming, fully inclusive school where good behaviour and high expectations are the norm. The school has built a reputation for providing good care and meeting individual pupil needs especially as the school has a high percentage of disadvantaged children.
Gillingstool Primary is a good school occupying state of the art premises including a swimming pool. We share the site with New Siblands special school and are looking to further strengthen our good relationship with them.
The Governors of Gillingstool Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational leader to the post of Deputy Head/Inclusion Lead. We consider this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced leader who has the skill and ambition to inspire and make a difference to our whole school community.
Gillingstool Primary School recognises and supports children’s wellbeing throughout school. If you have a proven track record of raising standards and experience of leading whole school initiatives successfully, this is an exciting opportunity to work as part of an inspiring leadership team in a thriving school.
The successful candidate will be:
• an outstanding teacher who will value all of our children, inspiring them to be independent and ambitious learners;
• an inspirational, inclusive practitioner, who puts children first, with a caring, approachable attitude to staff, children and parents;
• an excellent communicator with effective interpersonal skills;
• self-motivated, organised, dedicated and hardworking;
• able to demonstrate proven success and experience in leading SEND/Safeguarding and in providing support and challenge for others;
• driven to raise standards, ensuring all children have the highest quality of teaching and learning to meets their specific needs;
• a team player who will contribute fully to the life of our school and work effectively alongside a dedicated staff;
• a leader who is committed to working innovatively alongside the Headteacher to further develop this outward looking school;
• able to rise to any challenge with positivity and a sense of humour.
We can offer:
• enthusiastic and motivated pupils who enjoy learning;
• a school dedicated to enabling the children to be the best they can be;
• an ambitious head teacher, supportive staff, SLT, parents and governors;
• a commitment to your professional development;
• a school that upholds a culture of continuous improvement and collaborative development;
• an outward-looking and creative team of experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will not be class-based, with dedicated leadership time to develop inclusion, but will have an expected 0.4 teaching commitment with groups yet to be decided.
If you are dynamic, have a clear vision of excellent inclusion and SEND, possess a strong motivation to succeed, then the leadership team here would like to hear from you, as we seek support to continue our drive for improvement across all the school.
Socially distanced visits are welcome after 3:30pm on 16th, 18th, 21st or 23rd of September and can be arranged by contacting our school administrator – Ann Cooper.
Closing date: 4pm, Friday 27th September 2020.
Gillingstool Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Gillingstool Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.