We have a unique opportunity for a highly skilled and strategic Deputy Principal (Finance and Resources) to join the Senior Management Team at Cambridge Regional College. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, ideally from September, and in return we offer a competitive salary of £85,000 - £100,000 p.a., based on experience, plus staff benefits.
About Cambridge Regional College:
We are a large and aspirational centre of learning with campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country and we have a clear ambition to develop and deliver consistently outstanding levels of technical and professional training to meet the needs of the region. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
With over 750 staff and 10000 students, the campus atmosphere is busy and vibrant. You will find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. We strive to achieve very high standards of teaching with regular staff development.
About the Deputy Principal Finance and Resources Role:
Reporting to the Principal and Chief Executive and as a key member of the Senior Management Team, as Deputy Principal for Finance and Resources, you will play a vital role in strategic leadership and accountability for the College with a particular focus on strong finance and operational leadership and management. This vacancy presents a unique opportunity to join a multi-award winning College with a local and national reputation, and enjoy a role that is varied and wide-ranging.
The Deputy Principal Finance and Resources will have the following key responsibilities:
- Leadership of, and accountability for, corporate financial policy and planning
- Strategic leadership of designated corporate services
- Design and implementation of corporate systems and processes to support efficiency and excellence across the organisation
- Lead on the management of risk, health and safety, environmental impact reduction, audit and risk management
- Commercial management, ensuring income and commercial activity supports the College’s core purpose
- Inspirational and developmental people management.
What we are looking for in our ideal Deputy Principal Finance and Resources:
- Degree level (or equivalent) and qualified accountant, and a Masters or equivalent in Business or Leadership subject area highly desirable
- Experience of leadership and management at a senior operational and/or strategic level in a Finance/Accountancy role
- Proven track record of successfully managing and motivating staff
- Successful experience of managing change in a dynamic environment
- Able to work flexibly as well as travel independently between College sites and other external venues
- Able to meet challenging deadlines when necessary
- Excellent communicator
- Understanding of systems and process design for efficient and effective data management
- Understanding of audit and risk management processes
- Able to interpret and analyse financial and other data
- Strategic, highly professional and committed to achieving high standards.
Please see Job Description for more information.
If you are keen to progress your career within a supportive and highly professional team, and enjoy a varied role where you can utilise your finance background as well as broader skill set please click ‘apply’ today to be considered as our Deputy Principal Finance and Resources.
It is important to us that we recognise the hard work and commitment of our staff. As such, you can benefit from a range of rewards to support you in your daily life, including for this Deputy Principal position:
- 35 days holiday leave plus bank holidays and college closure days
- Generous pension scheme
- Staff Development opportunities
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets
Closing date: 11.59pm on 16th May 2021.
Interviews: 24th and 25th May 2021.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.