“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous practitioner to join our dedicated team in leading the School on its journey to becoming an established outstanding community School.
The successful candidate will assist the SENCo in supporting the Personalisation Team in raising the achievement of SEND students. Our new Deputy SENCo will contribute to improving standards in English, Maths and Science for SEND and EAL students. They will share the school's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
- You will be educated to Degree level or equivalent with, ideally, Qualified Teacher Status
- You will have experience of working with young people in both 1:1 and small groups (ideally in a Secondary School setting)
- You will have a good understanding and/or experience of current developments in KS3, KS4 & KS5curriculum regarding SEND. In particular, understanding of alternative curriculum pathways for lower ability students
- You will have a good understanding and/or experience of recent changes in Surrey SEND and a good understanding of SEND Code of Practice 2015 and Equality Act 2010
- Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Committed to knowing all of our students’ talents and strengths and their areas for development. This allows us to personalise the curriculum to stretch and motivate all of our students.
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
- Reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facility (Sportsbox)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to convenient free parking
Deadline for application:
Sunday 7th June 2020
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Interviews may be held via videoconferencing (Skype, Zoom, Google Meet).
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications. CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.