We are seeking to appoint an experienced full time Deputy SENDCo, working over 41 weeks. The successful candidate will contribute to leading the school’s SEND/Inclusion team, managing the SEND/Inclusion HLTAs and grant-funded LSAs. This is a Fixed term role until 31 December 2022
You will contribute to the strategic and operational oversight of the SEND/Inclusion team by working closely with the SENDCo to deliver excellent provision in this area.
You will be:
● A well-qualified, highly motivated and engaging individual able to deliver a range of SEND interventions that secure strong outcomes
● A creative and innovative team player; willing to contribute to the development of students’ learning and their progress within a committed and forward-looking SEND/Inclusion team
● An empowering leader able to develop others to fulfil their responsibilities, leading to high standards
● Committed to continuous professional development leading to excellent subject, curriculum knowledge and raising teaching standards
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver strong academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city, and are determined to raise standards even further.
- The opportunity to join this high attaining, successful and hugely oversubscribed school
- A committed and enthusiastic staff group
- Exciting opportunities in a school with two well established specialisms in Performing Arts and Mathematics with Computing
- A well-resourced department with a strong academic tradition and reputation
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
- excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes (local government pension scheme)
- access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
- ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
- at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
- comprehensive induction process
- competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
- family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
- savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
- reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
- access to staff sports
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
- on site free car parking (when available)
- access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please visit our website for further details and application pack:
Closing date: 9 February 2022 9 am
Interview date: 16 February 2022
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK