We are seeking to appoint a NQT or an experienced Design & Technology Teacher
to join our passionate team in September 2019
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 10. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. Last year we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, with state of the art facilities. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton. The successful candidate will be based at our Hampton site teaching years 7 and 8.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams and planning and recruiting for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
The successful candidate will:
• be either a NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunities of a new growing school
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
• ideally be able to teach Business Studies (desirable but not essential)
• be confident in teaching Design & Technology from Key Stage 3 to GCSE
• be committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum
• be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
• have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
• opportunities for ongoing professional development
• a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
• smaller classes of 25
• a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
• main pay scale
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to find out more about us and register your interest and to a recruitment pack
Candidates will be contacted as and when applications are received. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.
In common with other RET sponsored schools and academies, staff are employed under the nationally agreed pay and conditions for teachers and school support staff including pension schemes.
Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.