Design and Technology – Subject Leader
Outer London pay scale - £32k - £48k (inclusive of TLR 2.1)
Required for September 2022
This is an exciting time to be joining Oaks Park High School. We are pleased to advertise this role due to an expansion within the school and a larger intake of students from September 2022.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and experienced Subject Leader of Design and Technology to join our department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team.
Our aim in the Design & Technology department is to support our students in becoming independent thinkers who can exercise their creativity through designing and making. Our curriculum provides students with opportunities to acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on various other disciplines. Students learn how to take risks and become resourceful, innovative, enterprising and confident citizens.
Through our schemes of work, we aim to enrich our students’ cultural capital and expose them to how the real world of design and technology works around them. We teach to appreciate and respect the past, immerse themselves in the present and design for the future.
In Key Stage 3, our DT curriculum is designed to be progressive, which allows students to build on skills, and knowledge, which leads into Key Stage 4 where our students follow the Edexcel 3D Design GCSE course. We have also recently introduced specific Construction and Design BTEC courses at L2.
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from a programme of training and development
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
- You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
- On-site car parking
- A laptop – for ease of working
- Two-week October half term
- Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals
- Develop extra-curricular opportunities for students to explore and enjoy literature.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th February midday
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.
Oaks Park High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced checks carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.