Design and Technology Teacher
Permanent, full time, to start January 2021
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range.
Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 2nd November 2020
We are recruiting a Design and Technology Teacher to join the very successful and thriving Department here at John Ferneley College. The subject area has grown rapidly over the last few years and is now a ‘go to’ area within the flourishing curriculum.
The successful candidate will have experience in teaching ‘Resistant Materials’ (Wood, Metal or Polymer) specialist areas and a thorough understanding of the subject matter, and the latest developments in the teaching of Design and Technology. It is essential that you are able to plan and teach high quality Design and Technology lessons that inspires all students progress and achieve their potential. You will be responsible for assisting the Department to continue to develop a rigorous and engaging KS3/KS4 curriculum in Design and Technology.
Joining our Design and Technology team, you will be a fantastic teaching practitioner with responsibility for teaching Design and Technology at secondary level (to GCSE) and achieving high quality learning across all year groups.
How does our curriculum work?
• as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray and surrounding areas
• regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational and flourishing curriculum
• in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
• we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our ever-growing Trust)
• we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, including sport, theatre and performance, outdoor learning and adventurous life-skill activities
Working with us will give you:
• an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing an exceptional education for all students at John Ferneley
• you will be working in a school committed to training, staff development and growing ourselves, so that learning and improvement sits at the heart of everything we do
• you will have the opportunity to become involved in a number of development projects to extend your leadership skills
• staff at John Ferneley are known for innovation and continually striving to improve the quality of teaching and learning. You will be joining a team of professionals who are seeking to be at the vanguard of educational developments, both nationally and internationally
• an environment with moral purpose at its heart
• an opportunity to indulge in a passion for your subject area and for teaching and autonomy to focus on subject mastery
• a climate that takes seriously the well-being of its very much valued teaching team
• a comprehensive well-being package of benefits and a sensible approach to teacher workload
• opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
• opportunities to extend your reach and impact into primary settings
• opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
• 1:1 support in strategic career planning
• a culture that takes work-life balance extremely seriously, supported by an internal Staff Well-being Officer and development team
• a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you are capable of
• aspirational, happy and hardworking students
• high aspirations for all stakeholders
For more information about our Trust and schools and to apply for this role, visit our website
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.