Would you like to join us on our journey to become an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community? Do you care enough to want to make a significant difference to the lives of our amazing students? If so, we would love to offer you the exciting opportunity to join our highly dedicated staff as our Designated Safeguarding and Children Looked after leader. There is a teaching commitment of approximately 0.4 of a full timetable.
We are a rapidly improving school, as recognised by Ofsted in November 2018, with good leadership and management and an excellent behaviour policy. In our school students are ready to learn – we pride ourselves on being an ‘academy of opportunity’ for all with excellent relationships between staff and students. As a member of staff you will be highly valued and will be supported to flourish within the academy. Safeguarding was judged Good by Ofsted and we are keen to achieve Outstanding at our next inspection. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to build upon the excellent work of our current Safeguarding lead who is leaving the school after many years.
Every member of staff receives bespoke support and development through our in-house coaching programme as well as additional professional development opportunities to promote further progress and career enhancement. We are committed to challenging, supporting and developing staff and students to ‘Aspire to Greatness’ so that we become the best that we can be. In a recent survey 98% of staff said they were proud to be a member of staff at The Dorcan Academy with 95% stating that they enjoy working here.100% said that they support the vision of the academy.
Although we don’t boast a shiny new building, we do have excellent facilities, with a supportive, friendly school culture and ethos which is often commented upon by visitors.
The Dorcan Academy is an 11-16 academy situated on the eastern edge of Swindon with a comprehensive, challenging and enriching curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities. Our vision comprises 5 key outcomes:
1) Exceptional achievement for every student.
2) High quality teaching that inspires and engages minds through an exciting and creative curriculum.
3) An inclusive school where everyone is valued, cared for and nurtured in an extraordinary way.
4) Students stand out as model citizens, aspiring to make a difference to the lives of others through their exemplary behaviour and attitudes.
5) All stakeholders share a culture and vision to strive towards outstanding in all areas.
In addition, we promote five core values of Belonging, Purpose, Aspiration, Perseverance
and Achievement and the personal qualities of Justice, Honesty, Integrity, Confidence,
Responsibility, Independence and Respect
We will offer you:
• A supportive and bespoke staff induction programme
• High quality professional development, including an additional £1000 Bursary to support your CPD if you are an Early Careers teacher (Years 2 – 4)
• Additional non-contact time if you are an Early careers teacher or NQT
• Unrivalled support from the leadership team
• Excellent specialist facilities and resources
• Committed staff who ‘go the extra mile’
• Motivated, enthusiastic students who are ready and eager to learn
• Cycle to work scheme
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Pay Scale: Main Pay Scale/UPS and TLR 2C payment
Permanent Contract available from September 2019
The Dorcan Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.