Application closing date: Wednesday 22nd January 2020 5pm
Job start: As soon as possible
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Contract type: Permanent
Full-time (37 hours per week) term time plus 5 days
We are a happy, vibrant multicultural school and nursery for children aged 3-11. Situated close to the centre of Leeds, our motto, ‘One World, One School’, reflects our inclusive ethos and our desire to provide a high-quality and creative education that both challenges and inspires children of all abilities.
Ofsted recognised that:
● ‘The school is a calm, harmonious place where pupils grow and become increasingly mature’
● ‘Good behaviour and supportive relationships result in learning proceeding smoothly in lessons and outside class’
● ‘Teachers are trained well and have good subject knowledge’
● ‘The curriculum is carefully designed to enthuse pupils and create a love of learning’
● ‘Standards have improved significantly during this academic year. Pupils now make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics’
● ‘The well-established ‘One World, One School’ ethos ensures that pupils are taught to respect and be tolerant of other faiths and cultures’
Our children are fantastic and have a passion for learning which enables our staff to plan and teach in an exciting way. We work hard to give our children real experiences that enthuse and engage them in learning and we are keen to welcome new teaching staff who share our ethos and will be committed to delivering the very best education for our school community. We aim to create an atmosphere where individual strengths are nurtured so that children can achieve at an outstanding level.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated practitioner who embodies our school vision ‘Every child deserves a champion.’ The successful candidate will have a pivotal role to play in contributing to the vision and the future achievements of children and families at Hugh Gaitskell Primary School.
As a valued member of the Hugh Gaitskell staff we offer:
● A caring and supportive whole school community that is culturally diverse and inclusive
● A dedicated staff committed to achieving high standards
● A supportive, warm and welcoming ethos
● Opportunities to work collaboratively with five other schools within the LEODIS Alliance
● Happy, enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn
● Excellent CPD opportunities
● Membership and support from the school leadership team
We are looking for a Designated Safeguarding Lead who:
● Is an excellent, experienced practitioner with a passion for safeguarding children
● Is enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated; able to motivate colleagues
● Has the ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and their families
● Is excited about working in a culturally diverse environment
● Has resilience, emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
Visits to school are warmly welcomed prior to submitting an application.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who are trained designated safeguarding officers and who have experience of working in a busy school environment.
To request an application pack, to arrange a visit, or to discuss the school and the opportunities in more detail please contact Dawn Raybould, Acting School Business Manager
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Hugh Gaitskell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Staff appointed to the school will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and are required to sign up to the DBS Update Service.