WHO WE ARE
Phoenix Academy is a secondary academy in Shepherd’s Bush, London, educating approximately 500 students between the ages of 11 – 18. We are a member of Future Academies, an aspirational multi-academy trust based across London and Hertfordshire and comprising of three primary schools, six secondary schools, an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’-rated initial teacher training programme and our very own Curriculum Centre. Future Academies’ motto is libertas per cultum (‘freedom through education’): at the heart of everything we do is the belief that all young people can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Through the provision of a rigorous, knowledge-rich curriculum, first-class education enrichment programme, and nurturing environments, Future Academies aims to improve the life chances and aspirations of all children under their care.
Phoenix Academy joined Future Academies in 2016 after being placed in special measures by Ofsted. With the support and expertise of the trust, our school embarked on a journey of rapid improvement and, in 2019, we received a judgement of ‘Good’ from Ofsted, a remarkable turnaround. Student behaviour and outcomes have seen similarly significant improvements, and we are now taking our next steps towards becoming an outstanding school.
As a member of Future Academies, we place a strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects (such as Latin, English, history and science). A student’s education extends beyond the classroom and, therefore, we combine our bespoke, rigorous curriculum with a rich and varied education enrichment programme, nurturing our students’ social and moral development and broadening their horizons. Our central London location offers us all the attractions of one of the world’s most diverse and thriving cultural hubs, and students at Phoenix Academy have access to a wide range of high-quality extracurricular activities, further education guidance and careers advice.
Most importantly, we are a positive, friendly and vibrant community in which all members of the community feel valued and supported. Guided by our core principles of knowledge, aspiration and respect, we place the wellbeing of our students and staff at the centre of everything we do.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dedicated, knowledgeable professional who is able to support the smooth running of the school’s administrative service whilst upholding the trust’s core values. Due to the role’s varied nature, prior experience of working as an Admissions Officer in a busy school setting is essential.
The role will comprise:
1. serving as Admissions Officer for the school;
2. serving as diary manager and administrative support to the Principal; and
3. supporting the smooth running of the school’s administrative function.
As this role encompasses several key areas within school management, the successful candidate will:
• have experience in working as part of a busy school office and in assisting in the smooth running of the wider school community (including working directly with members of the SLT);
• possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of SIMS, with a particular focus on admissions;
• be highly organised, proactive and self-motivated, possessing excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail; and
• possess excellent written and communication skills, with prior experience of minute-taking and drafting correspondence.
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Staff at Phoenix Academy have the potential to form positive relationships, inspiring and making a potentially life-changing impact on our students, many of whom come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
• Excellent CPD. Phoenix Academy provides staff at all levels with excellent CPD opportunities as well as opportunities for rapid career progression (including leadership development opportunities). Moreover, being part of a multi-academy trust allows staff to network on a wider scale, forming relationships across our family of schools and sharing knowledge, experience and resources.
• A warm and welcoming staff community. Staff at Phoenix Academy join a supportive, close-knit school community. The academy is equipped with excellent resources and facilities, and all members of staff are united by a shared passion for educational excellence.
• access to our employee benefits platform (‘Perkbox’), containing a wide range of over 200 different perks and offers.
• access to the government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme; and
• generous holiday entitlements alongside perks such as ‘season-ticket loans’ and a pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the attached applicant pack, download the attached application form and return by 8am Monday 17th August 2020.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Phoenix Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.