Achieving for Children is a Community Interest Company that has a public sector ethos, combined with the freedom to innovate enabling us to do things differently. As a not-for-profit social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Windsor & Maidenhead, Kingston and Richmond), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government.
We are responsible for the entire range of children’s education, health and social care services in all three boroughs. We use a Signs of Safety practice model and approach which ensures the voice of the child is at the heart of everything we do. There’s never been a better time to join AfC, we are growing our workforce, implementing new flexible working arrangements and have increased our virtual wellbeing offer.
We now have the following job opportunity available and we would be delighted to receive your application to continue our story.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital and Improvement Delivery Lead Officer to work in the Digital Team to drive the digital agenda. This job is for maternity leave cover for a year.
About the role
The Digital and Improvement Delivery Lead Officer is an exciting role that will work across the Business Support Directorate. The role of the Digital & Improvement Delivery Lead is to support the implementation of a number of digital and improvement projects as identified in Achieving for Children’s Digital, Data and IT (DDIT) strategy. The role will require the successful candidate to possess a strong complement of project management experience; strong IT/digital knowledge and skills; and impeccable communication skills.
As the Digital and Improvement Delivery Lead Officer for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- Leading on the development and implementation of organisational digital projects as identified in Achieving for Children’s DDIT Strategy
- Leading on the analysis and evaluation of business processes and systems and make clear recommendations for improving the organisation’s digital efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively seeking opportunities for introducing digital innovation within the organisation
- Acting as the main point of contact for allocated projects, providing advice and guidance when required
- Prepare reports and presentations on key projects in a range of formats and to different audiences
- Line managing members of the Digital team
To be a Digital and Improvement Delivery Lead Officer for AfC you will be passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children and young people, as well as this, you will need to be:
- Skilled at being a leader and supporting a team
- Agile and methodical in your approach
- Able to think on your feet
- Passionate and driven
- Technologically and digitally competent
About our benefits
We are focused on creating a positive supportive environment, where you will have access to a really wide range of resources, as well as a competitive salary and all the perks to work remotely. In AfC you will also have access to:
- Tailored induction sessions commencing on the date you start working for AfC
- Stable and supportive leadership
- Hybrid and mobile working with latest technology to facilitate this
- Local Government salary and pension scheme (LGPS or Teachers Pension)
- Holiday package upto 34 days per year with option to purchase additional leave
- Flexible working options - helping to keep a good work life balance
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, offering support for the whole family
- A range of staff benefits and discounts
- A excellent learning and development offer to support your career pathway
Achieving for Children is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.