We have an outstanding opportunity with the WEY Education group, for a Director of Education to join us based in London / South East with some flexibility to work remotely. You will join us on a full time permanent basis and in return, you will receive highly competitive remuneration including equity options, plus executive benefits.
Wey Education plc is the AIM listed holding company of an educational group providing services online worldwide. Using state-of-the-art digital technology, Wey operates two established divisions – InterHigh, a non-selective fee-paying online secondary school, established in 2005 and a B2B division serving other educational providers, schools, local authorities and other public bodies, Academy21.
About the Director of Education role:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the Educational Strategy for the group. The position is UK based but will involve some international travel as Wey grows and develops in overseas markets.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Director of Education:
As part of the Executive board, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic Education direction for the group. This will include;
- Developing and implementing the Educational direction for the next 3- 5 years and beyond
- Providing information, ideas, and research to drive the Educational strategies
- Implementing the most effective strategies and approaches for the business to improve the quality of its education services and their management.
- Establishing excellence across the existing and any future education divisions.
- Significantly influencing the direction of technology in on-line education
- Developing excellent relations and partnerships as a Strategic influencer with regulatory bodies, stakeholders, government and educational institutions
- Directing and Managing teacher (leader of learning) performance and ensure educational standards/targets are achieved
- Driving excellence in Leader of Learning performance from recruitment through to lesson delivery and outcomes.
- Driving a Performance culture across the education team
- Creating and presenting regular performance data for executives
- Team Leadership – Lead, recruit, manage, motivate and direct members of the education team
- Driving the educational curriculum and reporting on latent demand of additional curriculums.
- Championing of educational improvement initiatives
- Implementing and adhering to company policies and procedures
- Delivering and exceeding Education targets in line with Company objectives and financial plans
- Identifying new opportunities in education content, delivery and direction to enable the best pupil experience
- Ensuring the education organisation is structured for scalable growth and success
Skills and experience required to become our Director of Education:
- Graduate with a PGCE with an MBA/MSc combined with extensive senior educational leadership experience
- Proven track record of achieving outstanding results in an educational environment
- Evidence of ability to innovate and to analyse impact of innovation on performance. Evidence of solution creation and ability not only to imagine new learning contexts but to create resources and systems within new contexts
- Substantial senior educational experience evidence of building and implementing long-term strategic vision
- Able to motivate and manage a team, while having the courage to make difficult decisions when necessary
- Excellent business awareness and the ability to focus on setting and meeting demanding targets
- Strong analytical skills, with a good attention to detail, enabling them to make a valuable contribution to decisions relating to the development of Wey’s offering in the marketplace
- Be highly aware of the technology space and how future trends can be incorporated into Wey’s offering
- A flexible, highly energetic approach and the ability to thrive in a business with a fast changing, collaborative, delivery culture
- Considerable interpersonal communication skills with the ability to form good relationships both internally and externally
Please click ‘apply’ today to join Wey Education plc as our Director of Education and be a key part of its growth as Wey changes the face of education worldwide – we would love to hear from you.
Within your application, please include your current notice period and current salary/package.
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.