Director of Education
Permanent from 1st September 2020, full-time, all year round
Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a Multi-Academy Trust. There are currently 23 schools in the Trust with another joining in April.
The Trust is cross-phase and includes Infant, Junior, Primary and Secondary schools. Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a mixed MAT and includes both non-denominational and Church of England schools.
We are looking for an educational leader with vision and energy to oversee and deliver the Trust’s strategy on School Improvement, Standards, Curriculum and Inclusion.
The post will report directly to the Chief Executive. Success in the role will be demonstrated by the stability and improvement in our schools, strong engagement with our school leaders and the progress that we make in building an exciting and creative curriculum core for our schools.
With 20 primary-phase schools and three secondaries, the Director of Education will be particularly focused on primary education but he/she will also work closely with the Headteachers of our secondary schools and will report to the Board on standards and education in all schools. The education team is comprised of several part-time advisors, headteachers conducting peer reviews in other schools and external consultants.
Key aspects of the job role include:
- Providing leadership for Trust-level curriculum development work so that schools have access to high quality shared resources and a coherent schema for their curricula;
- Supporting improvements in achievement for disadvantaged pupils so that they make progress at least in line with other pupils nationally in all schools;
- Using the information from outcomes and tracking data to tailor school improvement offer to our schools;
- Ensuring challenging school targets are set and met;
- Partnership with the leaders of our Teaching Schools to develop our excellent programme for professional development;
- Coordinating the collaboration be-tween SENDCOs and overseeing centrally provided SEN services;
- Ensuring that preparation for (and follow up to) all Ofsted inspections is thorough, robust and leads to the best possible outcomes;
- Delivering a termly Director of Education’s Report to our Board of Trustees;
- Line managing team members;
- Commissioning support from partners for individual schools;
- Leading and supporting the induction, training and appointment of new Heads.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- A deep commitment to the education and well-being of children and young people;
- Education to degree level and QTS;
- Extensive experience working as a Headteacher or in roles of similar or even greater responsibility;
- Experience of strategic leadership and oversight in a group of schools;
- Proven track record of building teams, managing change, delivering results and meeting performance targets
- Excellent communication skills;
- A collaborative approach.
For an informal discussion, please contact Amy Sutton (Head of HR) or Gary Lewis (Chief Executive) on 01275-841396.
Lighthouse Schools Partnership offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme (in either LGS or TPS) and a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping etc).
Further information about the Trust is available on our website. In particular, our Information Booklet and Strategic Plan will be of interest to applicants.
How to apply:
CVs are optional but cannot be accepted unless accompanied by a fully completed application form.
Applications should be addressed to Gary Lewis, Chief Executive and submitted with covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) addressing the person specification and setting out how you would want to lead education in this Trust.
Noon 16th March 2020
Interview Dates: 23rd and 24th March 2020
Lighthouse Schools Partnership trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants.
Lighthouse Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.