Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves, and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Director of Finance & Operations Working 37 hours a week for 41 weeks per year (normally term time plus 2 weeks)
Luton Sixth Form College has a reputation for excellence amongst the community we serve. As an employer of choice, we are also committed to our staff and as such have created a culture built on our values and a working environment that promotes development, wellbeing and work life balance.
The College is seeking a high-quality finance professional with proven experience in strategic financial planning and management to join our Senior Leadership Team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who shares our values, our sense of purpose and our strong focus on student achievement. The successful candidate will be required to provide strategic leadership on finance, audit, compliance and risk management. The Director of Finance and Operations will work with the Principal and Corporation in their wide responsibilities, ensuring compliance in accordance with statutory and legal requirements, as well as being responsible for managing the efficient and effective provision of operational, business and support management activities within the College. The postholder will have excellent knowledge of the principles and methods of financial control and reporting and will be responsible for driving forward the College’s strategy to maintain financial stability, whilst investing in the best possible resources to enable our students to succeed and progress. The successful candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills with experience of building strong positive relationships with staff across the College. With the changing nature of education, the Director of Finance and Operations will be required to be responsive and proactive in the context of the College’s strategic priorities.
If you are inspired and excited by this opportunity and are looking for a more varied role, we would like to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
• Strategic financial planning.
• Oversight of financial operations and management of the College estate.
• Ensuring operational efficiency and value for money.
The successful applicant will have:
• CCAB accountancy qualification or equivalent.
• Excellent skills in financial management.
• Leadership style which encourages, motivates, inspires and develops staff and students.
• Proven/demonstrable experience of writing and delivering clear and accurate reports and presentations to leaders, managers and staff, to ensure that financial information is well communicated at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both orally and in writing) including the ability to listen, influence and to consult at a face to face level on a wide range of issues.
• A commitment to the College’s values and a shared responsibility to achieving greatness by 2022.
College Leadership Spine point 27 - £57,570 full time for 37 hours per week, for 41 weeks per year (normally term time plus 2 weeks)
(Full Time College Leadership Spine Point 27 - £59,876 plus an attractive benefits package including 38 days annual leave + bank holidays. This will be further pro-rated for a part time or term time contract)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for all completed application forms: Monday 3rd February 2020 at 12.00pm midday
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.