The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of 10 primary and secondary schools situated in Leicester, the East Midlands. The Trust draws its educational excellence from the established track record of the high quality education provision of Rushey Mead Academy, the Trust's first convertor academy, and also a National Teaching School. Subsequently our other academies have brought new areas of excellence and expertise to the trust
TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network, and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Director of Inclusion and SEND
As of January 2020, we have an exciting leadership opportunity within the Trust.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly effective and experienced senior leader to join us on the Executive Team as the Director of Inclusion and SEND. The successful candidate will lead inclusion, SEND and behaviour across all the academies to ensure we strive to provide outstanding education for all our learners. They will also develop a Special School arm to the Trust and provide strategic leadership for these new schools.
Our successful candidate will be a highly motivated leader and have high expectations with a drive and commitment to ensure excellence for all; regardless of students starting points and backgrounds.
We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership with a proven track record of school improvement and change management in special schools. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work incredibly hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their very best.
We wish to hear from you if you are:
- • an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success in special education;
- • a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- • confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the Trust;
- • able to develop children to reach achieve their very best, regardless of background or circumstance;
- • approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- • able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
Our successful candidate will receive;
- • a competitive salary;
- • an unique exciting career opportunity to be part of a growing Trust which is committed to staff development and career progression.
- • the opportunity to in leading an exciting new development in special education, supported by a dedicated trust leadership team;
- • development opportunities to work both within Trust and with other partners;
Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the CEO, Carolyn Robson, by arranging a telephone call or a visit. To schedule an appointment please contact Emma Matthews.
Closing date: Monday 30th September 2019
Interviews: Thursday 10th October 2019
TMET are an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and satisfactory employment references.
The Mead Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.