Director of Learning for Modern Foreign Languages
Required from September 2019
Salary: MPS + TLR
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
NQTs Considered: Yes
An outstanding Director of Learning is required to join our popular and oversubscribed school for September 2019 to teach French with Arabic or Spanish (KS3 & KS4). Responsibilities will include the role of Director of Learning of these languages. The ideal candidate will be a well-qualified, enthusiastic and passionate teacher who will be joining Eden Girls’ School, Waltham Forest, which is part of a successful family of schools, run by STAR Academies.
In September 2014, Eden Girls’ School, Waltham Forest opened with its founding cohort of 101 students in Year 7 and 50 students in Year 8. The school now has 541 students in Years 7-11 and is a popular and heavily subscribed academy. The organisation will grow year on year to become an 11-18 academy of 840 students with specialisms in Leadership and is fast becoming the school of choice in the local authority. The school building is currently being developed to offer State of the Art 21st Century learning facilities. The school is currently 12th nationally for progress and in the top 1% of schools nationally.
Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and outstanding teacher of French with Arabic or Spanish who shares our mission to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service.
The ideal candidate will:
have a degree at 2:1 classification or better
- be able to deliver French with Arabic or Spanish to GCSE level
- be an ‘outstanding’ and highly committed teacher who is passionate about their subject and our learners
- be prepared to deliver after school intervention and enrichment programmes and contribute to wider school activities
- possess the skills and belief to make a significant difference to the students so they are equipped with the necessary skills for 21st century learning.
You will find a school that:
is passionate about its mission of ‘promoting a culture of educational excellence within a caring and secure Islamic environment’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents
Closing date: Friday 29th March, 12 Noon
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Human Resources on 0208-523-1810.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.