Organisation: Leicester & Leicestershire Primary SCITT
Location: Based at Dovelands Primary School, Leicester
Salary: Leadership scale point 16 (the range over time will be 16-20)
Work pattern: Full time
Closing date: February 7th 2020 at midday (Interviews week beginning 24th February)
Start date: August 2020
The Leicester & Leicestershire Primary SCITT is looking to appoint a highly effective Director to support its important work, developing the next generation of outstanding teachers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone inspirational and dynamic and to join the experienced core team of an extremely committed and successful partnership. The SCITT was recognised as Outstanding by Ofsted in 2015/2016.
- Build quality relationships with the SCITT team, the trainees and all stakeholders
- Lead the day to day management of the SCITT alongside the Deputy SCITT Manager
- Contribute to high quality marketing and recruitment events
- Participate in the selection of trainees
- Nurture and develop the trainees, providing quality pastoral and professional support
- Review and develop course content, processes and documentation
- Coordinate and evaluate the centre-based training
- Observe and analyse trainee’s teaching, coaching them and school-based staff
- Assess and monitor trainee progress to inform interventions
- Quality assure school-based training and trainee placements.
The Leicester & Leicestershire Primary SCITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Please phone to discuss the position or arrange a visit. Visits can be arranged in advance before the deadline for applications at midday on Friday 7th February.
There will be an open evening at 6pm on Tuesday 28th January at Dovelands Primary School to meet SCITT staff and tutors.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday February 10th, with interviews held in the week beginning February 24th.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.