Job Title: Director of Teaching School Hub
Salary: Hay Band F- Point 50- 56- £53,981- £61,266 and Hay Band G- Point 57- 62- £62,788- £70,546 (Subject to experience)
Interview Date: 18th March
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Are you a strategic leader, excited about leading change?
Do you want to drive the development of a new partnership and an exciting new initiative?
Do you feel passionate about growing and developing the teaching profession?
Do you want to make a difference, making every day count for every child?
If you answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you!
Our partnership of existing Teaching Schools and Multi Academy Trusts, has just been awarded the status as national Teaching School Hub, led by the Flying High Trust with Flying High Academy, Ladybrook identified as the lead school. The Flying High Teaching School Hub will work across Mansfield, Ashfield, Broxtowe, Nottingham City and Rushcliffe, bringing the expertise of partners together to ensure we recruit, develop, and retain high quality teachers across this locality. The Director of the Teaching School Hub will be a skilled strategist, partnership leader and visionary, who will drive the development of this brand-new initiative. This opportunity will enable the successful candidate to work at a trust, regional and national level.
The role of the new Teaching School Hub builds upon an existing infrastructure and a track record of successful leadership across the system. As Director of Teaching School Hub, you will draw upon this significant expertise and capacity, to deliver this new initiative.
Leading the Teaching School will be Flying High Trust, a growing partnership of 28 schools, with a national reputation and ethos centered on putting children at the heart of every decision. Working alongside Flying High, we have an established partnership in place with Transform, Redhill, and Discovery Multi Academy Trusts.
The designation of existing Teaching schools will be removed at the end of this academic year, to be replaced by the new Teaching School Hubs. At the heart of Flying High, and across our partnership, is a group of existing teaching schools that have built the expertise and the capacity to drive teacher development.
Finally, as part of Flying High and this established partnership, we have a successful English Hub and developed Inspiring Leaders, which operates an outstanding SCITT (teacher training) and delivers NPQs, working at scale and with a strong reputation.
You will enable the practitioner expertise across the system to meet the needs of our teachers. Our ambition is to ensure that every child has a great teacher, who inspires and unlocks their potential. The post will bring together the skill set of an experienced strategic leader, with a passion to impact children’s lives and a detailed understanding of the educational landscape. We will welcome applications from both experienced practitioners and non- practitioners, as key to this role will be your ability to enable the system, so it is not a necessity to have classroom experience.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to be at the inception of a brand-new partnership and initiative.
- The support of an established partnership, with significant expertise and capacity in system leadership.
- A partnership with relationships at its heart, ensuring a friendly atmosphere encompassing a supportive ethos.
- Be part of a central team and Trust with an established track record of high-quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- An established operational infrastructure, to support coordination, administration and financial management.
- The opportunity to develop your team, in line with your vision.
- A comprehensive induction process for new Teaching School Hub Directors, led by the EEF.
- Opportunity for future career progression with Flying High Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a significant strategic leader.
- Has a track record of successfully leading partnerships and change.
- Has a passion for education and a commitment an unshakable commitment to put children first.
- Has a deep understanding of the educational landscape.
- Has a commitment to teacher development.
- Is skilled in building strong professional relationships, both within a team and across new and existing partners.
- Is a skilled communicator, able to articulate a compelling vision that engages stakeholders.
- Has experience and an understanding of successful and sustainable school improvement.
- Has experience and an understanding of teacher development, including coaching and mentoring.
- Is a skilled manager of people, able to provide challenge and support to ensure we deliver KPIs, and an effective and efficient operation.
- Is a resilient leader, who will remain determined to deliver the improvements the school requires, secure in the knowledge that they have the full support of the Flying High Trust.
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Has a commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Flying High.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.