Teacher of Drama - Part-time (0.6), maternity cover, 1 year temporary contract.
Exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and successful team, with a proven track record of achievement both within and outside of the classroom!
This post is to cover maternity leave and is therefore offered on a temporary contract from 1 September for one year, or the return of the post holder if earlier.
Whether NQT or experienced teacher, you will enjoy working in this supportive department where your creativity and continuing professional development is championed.
• Do you passionately believe that theatre and drama can be used as a tool for students to explore the often challenging world around them?
• Can you inspire students to engage with a range of scripts, and motivate them to devise engaging and relevant theatre?
• Are you ambitious for yourself and others to excel?
If the answer to all three of these is 'yes' and you are a skilled teacher of Drama who is ambitious for every single child who enters your classroom, then please read on...
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Drama department at Brimsham Green School. You will be joining a team of two other very experienced Drama teachers.
Uptake at both GCSE and A Level is very strong, an indicator of the engagement in learning instilled in students throughout KS3 and KS4. Brimsham Green works in partnership with two other local schools as part of Cotswold Edge, a collaborative sixth form, serving the needs of students locally. A Level Drama and Theatre is taught at Brimsham Green School and students follow the EDEXCEL syllabus.
At KS4, we usually have two classes of students who follow the Eduqas syllabus. Drama is taught at KS3 once a week and the curriculum prepares students for these qualifications through a diverse curriculum offering a multitude of opportunities for students to devise work, perform scripts, learn a broad range of performance skills and work in an independent, active environment. The department is well-resourced, and students' independent learning is promoted. We have two teaching spaces including a purpose-built Drama studio and lecture theatre.
In return for your hard work, passion and commitment we offer:
• Bespoke CPD, whether you are an NQT or an experienced teacher - we firmly believe 'better never stops'
• A supportive team of colleagues who involve themselves fully in the pastoral and social life of the school
• The opportunity to join a committed team of staff who believe that teaching is a great profession, and who challenge each other to excel
The closing date for this post is Monday 25 March at 9:00 a.m.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.