Teacher: 24,373 – 40,490 per annum Plus SEN Allowance of £2209 PA– Salary within this pay range only to be agreed at interview
0.8 FTE (could be a full time post for the right candidate who can offer the construction course at KS4)
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, able and inspiring teaching colleague to deliver Design Technology across the full secondary age and ability range. As a teacher at New Horizons Learning Centre (NHLC), you will be part of a flourishing team developing fresh ideas to embed students’ skills and promote the use of new technologies to support learning.
As we are a small school the successful candidate appointed must be flexible in all aspects of their work as there will be the need to teach another aspect of the curriculum (i.e. social skills / PSHE / short course GCSE). This will be discussed at interview and tailored to the skills of the candidate.
We are currently a KS2 to KS4 special school (with KS1 coming on line in January 2021), for students who need additional support in the areas of social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH), based at Mulberry Drive Campus and Courtney Road Campus – both in Kingswood .
If you are passionate about improving outcomes for students and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to have a real impact in a fast-paced and innovative environment, then this could be the job for you. We are seeking candidates that can inspire learners and bring the magic into Design & Technology and would urge candidates with fresh ideas to get in touch!
We are looking for a talented teacher with the enthusiasm and drive to live up to our high expectations to deliver. You can expect to work in a supportive yet high energy atmosphere.
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to introduce and develop a KS4 accredited construction course, with purpose built facilities on site.
We can offer you:
• A chance to join a dynamic special school for young people with SEMH needs
• A passion for learning by all members of our community
• A personalised CPD programme
• 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school
• Strong support for your further professional development
We require you to:
• Be passionate about student’s learning and development
• Be a great team player with a positive outlook
• Have high expectations of students learning and behaviour
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a strong record of achievement and success
The school is offering:
• a supportive environment allowing you to progress and develop as a classroom practitioner
• a great team of staff, working from KS1 to KS4.
• ongoing CPD opportunities
The school expects:
• a UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Design & Technology Degree ideally in resistant materials or a related subject
• experience of delivering Design & Technology up to GCSE, pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject.
• A positive outlook, demonstrating unconditional positive regard and restorative approaches in all aspects of your work.
CLOSING DATE: 9th of October 2020, midday
Interviews: week commencing 19th of October 2020
Start date: 1st of January 2021, or earlier if available
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced CRB disclosure check.
New Horizons Learning Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.