Backwell is a large, Ofsted “good” comprehensive school with friendly, hardworking staff and students. We are committed to developing and investing in all staff so that they reach their full potential. We are also part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership, Multi-Academy Trust.
We have an exciting new prospect for a Technician to join our brilliant Design and Technology department for a permanent position. The successful candidate must be an experienced multi-skilled technician with experience of workshop tools and machinery such as lathe tools, pillar drills, band / table saws. They should also have some IT capability. Additionally, the DT Technician will be responsible for the preparation of resources and inventory.
Backwell School will offer you:
• Enthusiastic, friendly children who are eager to learn
• Hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
• A school with a commitment to supporting staff wellbeing and minimising workload
• Respect for the professionalism of staff
• Opportunity to collaborate with other school leaders through the supportive and dynamic work of our Trust, the Lighthouse Schools Partnership
• Opportunity to work in a fantastic semi-rural location close to Bristol
We would like the successful candidate to start work as soon as possible.
How to apply
Before making an application, candidates are asked to match their qualifications, experience, skills and abilities against the criteria listed on the job and person specification.
In order to apply for this post, please fill in and submit the school application form by Tuesday 1st December at 09:00.
Backwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Backwell Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.