Design and Technology Technicians, we need your skills! If you have an aptitude for all technological subjects within food technology, textiles and product design (including metal and woodwork) we have a great new opportunity for you!
Backwell School is seeking a DT Technician to join our brilliant Design and Technology department. The successful post holder must be an experienced multi-skilled technician who can work with table saws, pillar drills, lathes and workshop tools. We would require the post holder to be confident in supporting our staff with preparation for lessons as well as supporting students in the classroom.
Backwell School will offer you:
• Opportunity to work in a fantastic semi-rural location close to Bristol.
• Access to an employee discount scheme and employee assistance programme
• Good pension plan
• Enthusiastic, friendly children who are eager to learn and a joy to be with
• Hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
• A school with a commitment to supporting staff wellbeing and minimising workload
• Respect for the professionalism of staff
• Opportunity to collaborate with other school leaders through the supportive and dynamic work of our Trust, the Lighthouse Schools Partnership
How to apply
Before making an application, candidates are asked to match their qualifications, experience, skills and abilities against the criteria listed on the job and person specification.
In order to apply for this post, please fill in and submit the school application form by Friday 5 March at 09:00am.
Backwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Backwell Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.