Early Career Teachers (ECT) are required in Secondary Schools in South Birmingham, in areas including:
• Acocks Green
• Balsall Heath
• Kings Heath
• Kings Norton
• Small Heath
These roles will be working within KS3- KS4 classes and will be full time and will start in September 2022. These will be fantastic opportunities for newly qualified teachers (ECT/ NQT) who are looking to complete their induction in highly regarded secondary schools.
The successful teacher must:
- Hold valid QTS
- Be able to inspire and motivate a wide range of pupils
- Have high expectations for students learning, achievement and behaviour
- Be passionate about making a difference in the lives of young children/adults
- Be creative, friendly and approachable
- Have good listening and communication skills
What responsibilities the role will involve:
- Working across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Planning and resourcing for creative and engaging lessons
- Working alongside other professionals and experienced team members
- Adapting your teaching techniques for the needs of individual children where required
- Half day ECT/NQT time for support/training
- Working within highly regarded Birmingham schools
- Full-time roles, Monday – Friday
- Competitive rates of pay (pay to scale available)
- A chance to obtain invaluable classroom experience working within reputable secondary schools
- Guaranteed roles for the full academic year
- Full support from an experienced ECT/NQT mentor
We’re encouraging all NQT and ECT applicants to get in touch - even if this isn’t the role you are looking for, we are currently working exclusively with other secondary schools across the West Midlands who are looking to support hard-working and eager individuals through their ECT/NQT year.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years, teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum).
Zest Education Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.