Are you an inspirational Early Career Teacher with a particular interest in science? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our school and teach our Key Stage 2 children!
Edison Primary School is a unique and distinctive primary school specialising in science located in the heart of Heston, Hounslow, Greater London.
At Edison we build on our children’s curiosity, knowledge, confidence, enthusiasm and all-round abilities towards independent learning. We help each individual child grow into an active, responsible and successful young adult able to make the choices necessary to shape their own future. We are an open, friendly and welcoming school where efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and where the potential of every child is realised.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic Early Career Teacher (ECT) who has the drive and passion to inspire our Key Stage 2 children and achieve success.
We are able to offer:
• A school team who have kind and supportive relationships and genuinely care about each other
• The chance to work alongside the senior leadership team in order to plan and deliver a strong provision
• Happy, hardworking, well behaved and well-mannered children
• Supportive governors and parents who are enthusiastic about our school
• The opportunity to work in a very effective school which Ofsted has assessed as ‘good, with a culture of high expectations for teaching and learning across the school’.
Ideal candidates will:
• Be an inspirational, dedicated, passionate and effective class teacher
• Be enthusiastic, flexible and imaginative
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the school and pupils can achieve
• Demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
• Be committed to Edison’s ethos of high expectations
• Be hardworking, resilient, self-reflective and a team player
• Have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils.
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we would love to hear from you. Visits to the school are welcome.
The school supports the Government COVID –19 vaccination programme and encourages all staff to be vaccinated where possible. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Wednesday 18 May at 12pm
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 23 May
Edison Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.