Headley Park Primary School has a unique opportunity for an outstanding reading teacher to join our team on a part time and temporary basis from 4th January 2021 working mainly across KS1.
We are looking for a specialist reading teacher to oversee, coordinate and carry out catch-up reading interventions with pupils in Years 1 and 2 who require additional support.
WHY CHOOSE US
Headley Park Primary School is a happy, dynamic and successful school with a strong sense of community. We offer a friendly and dedicated staff team, supportive parents and governors and absolutely delightful children who behave well and are eager to learn.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary Main Scale (point depending on experience);
- a school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability;
- collaborative working within our school and the schools within our Trust;
- a dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn;
- onsite parking;
- a cycle scheme.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Good Honours Degree.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PROVEN OUTSTANDING PRACTITIONER TO:
- lead on 1:1 reading and oversee school support for children struggling with literacy and early reading;
- assess, track and benchmark children’s reading;
- implement a ‘building reading power’ approach to support early reading;
- advise colleagues and carry out interventions for pupils who have additional needs in relation to literacy;
- to work as a team;
- to motivate both students and peers.
The post is part-time 25 hours, pattern to be agreed.
If you have any questions about the role or to find out more information, please contact the school office by email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview on either the 9th or 10th December.
Headley Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.